Lovely sunrise .... ...


16th October 2019 (Wednesday)   06.30 .... We have a pleasant enough
The sun appearing over the Eastern horizon.
start to the day but ‘KY9’ is down for “light rain and a gentle breeze from the East”.   At the moment it’s cloudy but dry .... and dark because the sun doesn’t rise for another hour yet.   I’m feeling ‘bright eyed and bushy tailed’ .... well sort of:  brighter than I was yesterday anyway.... as usual the weather will dictate my actions today;  I might even do some ‘ousework.



09.30    Oh my word... we had a bonnie pre sunrise sky this morning;  one with a lot of different colours and changing all the time.    I suppose the “red sky in the morning etc” isn’t a good omen, but it was really enthralling at the time and well worth a bit of rain .... or whatever comes our way:  rain by the look of the Western sky.   It was a lovely morning to be on the beach and lots of folk were down there enjoying the spectacle of a gorgeous sunrise.   Orf to have breakfast... and another cuppa.

... and a rainbow towards the West.
11.30    The “Red sky in the morning, shepherd’s warning” has been proved correct;  it’s raining... and fairly heavily.  At the moment it looks like the best of the day was at sunrise time,.... though I think the rain is due to pass over us and leave us with a nice evening.   I’ve had what I call a ‘weather migraine’ so my plan is to take a couple of pills and have ‘50’ on top of my bed;  then... if I feel like it I’ll visit Jim in the afternoon... if not I’ll visit him tomorrow morning after ‘arbour ‘ouse’ .   I've been for the paper(s) and had morning coffee in Harbour House with the 'Troops'.    We discussed various topics... including, companies that use high pressure to clear drains, and the 'Top Secret' Underground Home Guard unit that operated locally in WWII.   All exciting stuff.


20.00    The day ended with a bonnie late afternoon and evening... in fact we’re in for a
Largo Law from Leven prom.
clear and cold night according to Helen (Willets) the BBC weather girl.   The bit in between sunrise time this morning and late afternoon was .... er .... wet.    I missed a lot of the bad weather because I did have a couple of hours on top of my bed after lunch  and slept off the worst of the migraine... and the weather.   I went to Leven later in the afternoon but it was too late to visit Jim, but  I hope to take a run along to Leven Beach to visit him tomorrow.
This has been a bit of a lazy day for me;   it began well but the migraine took the edge of my being ‘bright eyed and bushy tailed’.   Tomorrow I hope to be buzzin’   The forecast is good so I might get the bike out to go for morning coffee.... if it isn’t too cauld!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....