Visited 'Jimbo' ....


22nd October 2019 (Tuesday)      07.00 .... there’s not much that’s more
Breezy morning.
annoying than a BT hub flashing orange when it should be a steady ‘bloo’.... and my hub is flashing orange.   It did that for much of the morning yesterday and looks like it’s going to be the same today:  ‘Openreach’ are working on cabling in the area so I guess we just have to put up with it.   It means that ‘The Hutte’ will/might eventually be uploaded sometime today.
The sky is overcast just now and is forecast to be so most of the day, with a fresh wind from the Northwest.    Oh ... the hub has gone to 'bloo' I'll get online.

08.30    It’s definitely breezier today.... and cloudier, but a nice enough day in a different way.   The beach was quieter this morning in fact I only saw one group of people and they were along at the Breakwater.    Sunrise was never going to be visible this morning.... well not at sunrise time anyway though I do see some blue patches in the sky so we could have a few sunny spells.  It’s breakfast time.


East end of the Ferry High Street - before 1947.
16.00    As far as the weather goes this hasn’t been the bonniest of days.... but at least it has been dry.   I decided to go to Leven to have as Maggie would say “some retail therapy” and it worked as the more I bought the brighter turned the morning.    Not that I bought a lot but I topped up on toothpaste and bathroom sundries at the ‘Cheap Shop’ then went to Sainsbury’s and did a food shopping.... finishing off with a cuppa in the Cafe before visiting Jim.   It was probably the cuppa that that was the magic potion.

Jim was dozing when I arrived at Leven Beach Care Home but it didn’t take much to wake him up and we were soon chatting away about different things.   Jim likes talking and once you get him interested in something it does bring back memories.   Today we were talking about a talk he gave at the West Anstruther Town Hall about tile
Scott's workshop - pre 'Bouncy Castle'.
production in the East Neuk and he remembered all about doing that presentation ... and the Hall.   On the way out I met Janice Bell from Kinneuchar;  it’s a long time since I last spoke to her.    Bill and Sophie (Bell), Janice’s parents, are both in Leven Beach.   I arrived back at Ivy at 12.30, put the messages away, and since then haven’t done very much actually .... apart from drink tea and work on the computer. 


 20.00    Funnily enough in spite of the weather being dour, I’ve had a fruitful day on the computer and the laptop... both of which have been going like the clappers this afternoon:  that said I’m hoping that we have a brighter day tomorrow and less windy so that I can get out.    However I think tomorrow’s weather is going to be a repeat of today’s, so it will be more computer stuff.    Harbour House is open so we have morrrrrrrrning coffee and I find out what ‘the Team’ did today and stuff like that.   Tomorrow is going to be a busy day.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....