Rires ....


21st October 2019 (Monday)    07.00 .... There’s the touch of winter in
Lovely morning ....
the air this morning.... the temperature being not much above zero;   it will be frosty  in the remoter regions of the parish... Kinneuchar and Colinsburgh for instance.      I haven’t been anywhere yet .... it’s still dark but I will venture to the beach for  some early morning air in a wee while... right now it’s cuppa time.



08.30    It a bonnie morning for being out, and the beach is the place to relax on what is a quiet, albeit cool morning.   Not too cold because one gent paddled his way along the edge of the tide;  now that would be refreshing.  We have the start of a bonnie day according to the weather forecast so let’s enjoy it.   I’ll get the bike out (once the air warms up) .... in time for morning coffee.


Looking southeast from Rires Farm.
17.00   I had a really good trip out the bike today;   up to Rires and back a total distance of 17.09 kilometres (10.61 miles) on what has been a glorious, late, summer afternoon.... albeit a cool one.   The main roads were busy with traffic but once on Balcarres Estate it was braw.  In point of fact it looked like I had the whole estate to myself;  until going down the double dyke, on the way home, when I met two huge grain lorries .... presumably going to Balcarres Mains Farm to pick up grain.    Between Colinsburgh and Kinneuchar I went down the Kinneuchar Sewage plant road to get a different view of Kinneuchar kirk;  down there I met, and had a chat with a couple of friendly ponies.  The ponies were braw as was the view of the kirk but it would have been better at a different time of the day when the tower would have been better lit.    I am now a tired bunny.


19.00    Well I have had a great day and, although tired at the end of it, I’d do it all
Poppies enjoying the late summer sunshine.
again tomorrow.    Except that I won’t as I had better do some ‘work’... I have to finish lopping the tree and it’s the ‘broon’ bucket this week so that’s a mission that I must complete... and perhaps even some more bits to the garden:   it all depends on the weather of course.    The weather forecast is good for tomorrow.... much the same as today in fact but windier;  so it will probably feel colder.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....