Overcast sky.... but peaceful


18th October 2019 (Friday)    07.00 .... it’s a quiet enough morning;  to
Nice peaceful morning - sunrise time at Elie and Earlsferry.
tell the truth it’s still dark because it’s cloudy... that much I can see;  and there’s only a very light Easterly breeze.    Even the weather cams are ‘overcast’ though the Aberdour cam does have a slight bit of brightness on the east horizon.... it looks like being a ‘behind the scenes’ sunrise this morning, but a walk to the beach is always good.   It's dry just now but light rain showers are mentioned for KY9.


09.00    The beach is the place to be this morning;  it’s so relaxing.   Yes the sky is overcast... but so peaceful.  There’s something special about our beach on this kind of morning;  there’s something special about our beach every morning it’s just that this morning I fell under its spell I guess.    Nothing new there.  
I’ll have breakfast then get the bike out and hope that I can do the ‘Grand Tour’ without being caught in any shower that may come our way.

Bank Street - Elie... with 'Harbour House' on the left.
09.30    The biking has been put orf until after lunch;  the sky has become seriously overcast.   When I was out checking the weather I noticed a  Swallow flying around feeding on ‘Royal’ flies.    The weather has also turn colder as well as cloudier, so I hope the Swallow finds enough food to continue on its long journey to warmer climes.   I’ll be taking the car up to Elie for the paper and morrrrrrrrning coffee.


12.00    Well .... the bike has been locked up for the remainder of the day... and tomorrow .... because the rain, that arrived a couple of hours ago, is forecast to stay with us (at varying intensities) until tomorrow afternoon.    There’s going to be beach polo (horses) on Elie Harbour beach tomorrow,  courtesy of The Ship Inn’, with teams from The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards, The Scottish and Northern Ireland Yeomanry and The University of St Andrews..... hopefully the weather will have improved by then.   The first chukka at at 12.30.


16.00    My word it is damp.... it looks like the sun is never going to be seen again.
The Ferry High Street.
   We’ve had heavy rain since 10.00.   I’ve been up to Kinneuchar Castle to check out the situation for taking photographs this evening and all is organised;  I have to be up there for about 18.15 which gives me half an hour or so before the girls sit down.  With an empty 8gb card, three full batteries.... and a clean lens ... yes, I’m ready to go.

I’ll have to use the on board flash at evening time;  in fact I had to use it in the afternoon because there’s very little natural light.   I took the wee camera down to the High Street to get a wet look photo;   it’s is definitely wet!




20.00    The WRI girls were settling down to enjoy their Centenary Celebrations when I left Kinneuchar Castle;   I had taken a lot of photos.... it’s not often I have a whole roomful of gorgeous models to photograph;  from all over the East Neuk... and even further afield.    We couldn’t do the group photo there just wasn’t the room to set it up really.   I enjoyed myself and I know that the girls will enjoy their Centenary Celebrations. 
It’s still raining heavily and will be tomorrow morning so I can have a lie in.   I’ll probably get up at the usual time and make myself a cuppa then go back to bed for an hour or so.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....