'Bright eyed and bushy tailed' ....


19th August 2019 (Monday)  07.30 .... ‘sunny intervals with a fresh north-
Janice's flowers on Maggie's 'shrine'.
westerly breeze’ is the forecast for ‘KY9’ today;  but we have started the day with a couple of showers.   They kinda surprised me because I was getting ready to go out on the bike when the first one hit us;  however they are predicted to fade away by mid morning.   I’ll get the bike out after breakfast.

I’m feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed today;  I think yesterday’s under the weather feeling was just tiredness brought on by doing too much the day before.   Oh well that’s easily sorted... ‘more play every day’ is something I could manage ‘nae bother’.     What is the old saying? .... “all work and no play, makes Jack a dull boy”.   Yep .... more play is called for.


12.00    At last I have managed to get out on the bike;   having been up to Chapel Green to visit ‘The Boss’.  I got a few photos on the way round, including the roses fixed onto the Memorial Seat by .... well I’m not sure really, but it’s much appreciated.    ‘The Boss’ thinks it was me!    I’m definitely feeling ‘brighter’ today;  I still can’t believe that it’s ten years since Maggie died.

Maggie's seat.
I see a few shower clouds bubbling up .... I don’t want that.    There’s a washing on the line;  and I was contemplating going up to Balcarres.    Oh well.... I’ll have lunch then make my mind up.



16.00     Mostly it has been a bonnie day but we did catch the edge of one shower .... after I’d brought in the washing..... so I haven’t been out on the bike again: but  I did get the aforementioned washing ironed.   There are still a few heavy looking shower clouds, bumbling over from the West that prevent me from scuttling out.  Regarding the state of tiredness that I had yesterday;  I have felt better all day today, and tomorrow I expect to be back to my ‘frolicky’ self again.


21.00    The showers died away and the wind moderated later in the afternoon so I
Kinneuchar kirk from the Colinsburgh road.
went up to Kinneuchar on the bike, then home via Elie Estate and Elie Harbour.    When biking through the villages I got the impression that they were quieter than they normally are at this time of the holiday season.... there seems to be fewer cars about.   That reminds me I’d better turn the Sooper Buggy wheels sometime;  I’ll take her up to Elie for the paper and morning coffee tomorrow.    It’s going to be another bonnie day tomorrow, but less windy.   I might get out early.... as long as there aren’t any showers about.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....