Quiet morning ...


2nd August 2019 (Friday)     07.00 .... Ye Gods, was it me, or was it  warm
'Maw' with five cygnets.... I think it's five.
last night?    I woke up in the middle of the night, and had to make a cuppa and read a bit of my book before dropping off to sleep again;  that was at 02.40.... the air so hot.
  

The sky is heavily overcast now, and there is hardly any breeze so it looks like we could have another nice day once the sun goes to work (work?) on the cloud.    I’m going to scuttle round the villages in a wee while... got to have another cuppa first.


09.00    I’ve not had the best start to ‘my’ day:  I spilt tea on my trousers, so they had to be washed and are now hanging on the line, the ‘bloo’ thing (hub) began to flash orange and did so for 10 minutes.... before I unplugged it.    I went out on the bike.... and the loch is like a mirror this morning;  took a load of photographs, got back to Ivy, plugged in the ‘bloo’ ting and it is working;  all is good again.    I’m ready for morning coffee.   No .... I need to have breakfast first.

Hermione - with definitely five offspring.
13.00    I went up to the loch again (on my way home from morning coffee) and got a photo of Hermione (‘Maw’) with five offspring:  ‘Paw’ (Herbert) is defending the southwest corner of the loch against all comers!   And I mean defending!

Oh you’ll never believe this:  ‘M’ is in Bonnie Scotland.... and she cannae speak.    What an affliction for a ‘Dyker’ tae have!    (By 'Dyker' I mean a resident of Cellardyle.... NOT the modern meaning).   Apparently her sair throat has been caused by to much talking;  that I can believe!   It’s a ‘Dyker’ thing!   And to be no able to speak .... well now that is ..... absolutely marvellous ... awfie!   I have to phone her tomorrow .... when she hopes to be back in full flow!

Now I need to have ‘50’ before deciding what to do next;  the bike is being charged as
Northwest corner of the loch.
I type!



20.00    Another bonnie day ends with a lovely evening;  and tomorrow is forecast to be just as bonnie.    I will go out early on the bike;   tomorrow is a change over weekend so the roads will be even busier than usual.    I’m ready for Michael and Janice arriving on Monday;  but I might do a ‘shopping’ on Sunday.   Jim is going on a trip to Ratho with the Care Home so there will be no visiting tomorrow.   I wish I’d remembered that earlier today.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....