"Red sky in the morrrning" ....


31st August 2019 (Saturday)      07.30 .....   We had a colourful sunrise this
Sunrise time this morrrning.
morning, though I didn’t see the actual sun come over Elie skyline as it disappeared behind a low cloudbank;  however the pre-sunrise sky was what I wanted to photograph.   It was a “red sky in the morning” sky so we should expect ... probably wind and rain at times today.   It was fairly pleasant on the beach but a bit windy;  I had the monopod with me so that help negate the wind effect.    I’m a happy bunny .... and well ready for breakfast.


08.30     Blimey.... I’m glad I went to the beach to catch the sunrise;  it looks like that was the best of the morrrrrrning..... we have wind and rain now.    I think we are forecast to get sunny spells later but right now it is not a morning for being out.

Earlsferry at sunrise time.
15.30    The rain passed over us and we’ve had a sunny dry and windy afternoon so far;  the wind is beginning to moderate so I might get the bike out later.   As for me .... I have been using my afternoon wisely .... mostly on the computer.... and I am a happy bunny with the end product of all this ‘hard work’.


21.00    This has been a really satisfying day for me.... working on the computer with photographs mostly.  What I was doing challenged the auld brain cell but it came up with all the correct answers.... eventually.    It’s good to have a challenge now and again.   Tomorrow afternoon I have another challenge ..... a wee bit signwriting.   With my hands that could be tricky but I can’t wait to see how I get on.    A few cuppas might be required.

Tomorrow the local History Society will be doing guided walks round The Royal Burgh.... and the weather forecast is good:   “light rain showers and a moderate
Elie Bay 10 minutes after sunrise.
breeze” with the chance of showers increasing after midday.  The walks will be an interesting way, to find out about the auld place.    The History Society guides will be keen to answer any questions:  actually, when I think of it, I have a question I need answered.    I’ll see Alan tomorrow morrrrrrrning!

What is my ‘plan’ for tomorrow?    Welll I’ll scuttle up to Chapel Green on the bike, with a flask of coffee, in the morning, assuming the showers are few and far between, and spend a quiet hour with ‘The Boss’.... then do the signwriting in the afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....