Interesting sky day ....


28th August 2019 (Wednesday)    07.00 ..... As you can see from the photograph we had a bright sunny start to
Early morning sunlit Ferry High Street.
the morning but it has rapidly clouded over from the West and it now looks like we could catch the edge of an early morning shower.  ‘Sunny intervals with a frisky breeze’ is the forecast for our area.... with the day ending with a bonnie evening.
I’m ready to go to Leven to the Hairdresser’s, form there I’m going to Crail to pick up ‘M’ for the day and we’re going to visit Jim in the afternoon.    That’s the ‘plan’ at the moment.... but it could change.


21.30     Everything went to ‘plan’ today; even the weather.    I got my haircut, went to Crail and picked up ‘M’, stopped to visit M’s sister Edith and husband John in Cellardyke then went to Ivy for a cuppa before visiting ‘Jimbo’.     David was there and getting ready to go when we went in:  the Staff were sitting the Residents down for lunch.... so ‘M’ and I didn’t have time for a long visit. The visit was short but totally surprising;  I’m sure Jim knew who ‘M’ was, and he knew that she came from New Zealand.   We had a normal three way conversation:  you have to allow Jim to ‘grasp’ the question before he gives the answer.... but otherwise a perfectly normal conversation,   I was pleasantly surprised at his reaction to ‘M’.... I didn’t know what
'M' at Dysart harbour.
to expect when we went in.

The visit to Jim had to be a short one because the Staff were beginning to hand out drinks etc before se4rving up lunch.    We said our “cheerio’s” and ‘M’ and I set off for Methil.  Methil wasn’t our target destination, that was Dysart Harbour, but we had to pass through Methil as we went to Dysart by way of the scenic coastal route.    So Methil must be scenic.

At the Harbour (Dysart) we had a ‘lit bite’ lunch at the Harbour Master’s House:  I’d booked a table for two at the 19th Hole for dinner in the evening so a big midday meal was not advisable..... we both had crackers and cheese.   Having said that we both managed to have a huge ‘goodie’ for sweet:  I had millionaire’s shortbread, ‘M’ had something healthy(?).... because it had berries in it.    After the food bit we went out on the middle pier where I took a few photographs.

Dinner in the 19th was absolutely excellent.   Neither of us had starter... we were both thinking of the ‘sweet’ course.    For the main course I has steak pie, ‘M’ had chicken.... both dishes came with trimmings;  in ‘M’s case a lot of trimmings.   She had a huge plateful of food.   The steak pie was delicious and I cleared the plate.   ‘M’s chicken was also delicious but was unable to finish it .... she had to leave room for her
...... what was it Linda said I had to do?
choice of sweet .... chocolate fudge cake with cream.    I had berries with ice cream .... and strawberry sauce:   Mmmmm that was lip smackingly scrumptious.   There are no wrinkles on the Alberto nine pack this evening.    I ran ‘M’ back to Crail and so ended a most enjoyable day.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....