Autumnal air ....


13th August 2019 (Tuesday)     06.30 ....   There’s not much cloud about,
Janice and Michael X60 at Elie - 06.45.
so we should have a nice long sunny spell day.... though it is cooler than it’s been of late; definitely autumnal.   Michael and Janice are getting ready to go to Edinburgh, I’m going to take the bike up to Elie and get a photo or two of them at the bus stop.  



08.00    Been out, and it is cool on the hands.    Michael and Janice are on their way to Edinburgh.... and I am nearly ready to take the car to Leven.   Clearing the breather hole won’t be a big job, but it depends on when they can do it.   I’ll have a slow walk down to Sainsbury’s cafe and have a cuppa.

Bright spot in Leven.

20.30   It has been a bonnie day, and a busy one for me.    I took the car along to Leven, but they found nothing wrong with the breather hole.   It must be the way I hold the nozzle when re-fuelling.    I shall experiment.    I visited ‘Jimbo’ after I’d finished with the garage;  he was looking ‘lost’ when I first sat down, but, once switched ‘on’ he knew what/who, I was talking about.... and we had a two way conversation.... about how busy the ‘Royal Burgh’ is just now.   I only stayed with Jim half an hour as the Staff were beginning to get organised for lunch.   I said to Jim that I’d bring ‘M’ in to see him;  he remembered who ‘M’ is and that she comes from New Zealand;  and originally from Cellardyke.

Michael and Janice arrived back from Edinburgh about 19.00;   they had an enjoyable
The 'bright spot' that I was heading for ... Sainsbury's Cafe.
day.   Edinburgh was busy.... it always is, but especially so at Festival time.
We had a couple of splashes of rain in the afternoon, but nothing to bother about.    I had washed the towels, but had taken them in before the first shower.   I’m a contented boy.... albeit a tired one.    When I take the car to the garage I walk down to Sainsbury’s then back up... with frequent stops... but my knee is not a happy knee tonight.   I’ll make an appointment with Dr Marsden to see if a knee replacement is advisable.   That said, since I got the battery assisted bike my horizons have widened, and I can get to the places I want to with the camera.    There is no pressure on the knee when biking.... not with the e-bike.

It’s forecast to be cloudier tomorrow with the chance of a shower later ... nothing new there then.   I don’t have anything ‘planned’;  though I will most likely go out early on the bike;  might even do the ‘grand Tour’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....