Balmy morning ....


24th August 2019 (Saturday)     07.00 .... We have a really quiet morning,
Kincraig cliffs - Earlsferry.   It's a cracker of a morrrrrrning!
the sky is clearing though there is clouds towards the West, there’s hardly any breeze at all, and, once the sun gets higher in the sky is will be warm;  another ‘play’ day.  The forecast for KY9 is ‘sunny intervals’ with a gentle breeze’.   I have a washing going through the machine .... so it’s not going to be all ‘play’ today.



10.00    I am a ‘happy boy’ this morrrrrrning, having done ‘The Grand Tour’ on the bike and took a multitude of photographs on the way round.    If they turn out the way I set them up in the view finder I should have some reasonable ones.    I’ll check them properly after breakfast .... and ‘morning coffee’.... I’m happy with what I’ve seen so far.   I’m running late because I was out for nearly two hours;  a very enjoyable two hours.  Orf to have breakfast.

Elie - well a bit of.


15.00    When I got back from having morning coffee in ‘arbour ‘ouse (11.30) my wee ants were in a serious state o’ excitement;  they were all over the place, and among them were Queens with wings, and males (smaller than the Queens) also with wings.    They Queens were giving their wings laldie, and in nae time they were taking off:  they are not the strongest of fliers but they’d manage to go far enough to find another colony where the Queens and males were flying;  obviously this was a good morning for the Nuptial Flight.   As far as I could see most of the Queens... and males were heading West, with the intention of staying within the bounds of ‘The  Royal Burgh’.... i.e. determined to remain “Royal Ants”.   When I woke up all the hustle and bustle has passed and the wee ants are back to ‘normal’ scuttling again.

20.30    It’s been a really balmy day;  I actually thought about going out on the bike 
Herbert and Hermione with family - Kinneuchar loch.
again, but ended up having a migraine.   It seems that the ants ‘Nuptial Flight’ kind of weather is also my migraine weather.   Tomorrow is going to be another warm/hot day;  perfect holiday weather.   I’ll get up and out early, then potter about around Ivy;  but it won’t be much.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....