Bright and breezy ....


15th August 2019 (Thursday)     07.00 ....we have a sunny, and mildly
Links Road - Earlsferry.
autumnal  feeling morning:  the best kind..... the kind that wants, in fact needs, me out in it.     I don’t know what the ‘plan’ is for today but I’m going to circle the villages after this update.   There’s a brisk wind from the West with a few clouds scuttling over but mostly of the cuddly kind ...... but there could be a few rogue ones, so here is the chance of an early morning shower.  It is going to be warmer than it was yesterday.



09.00    It is cool out, but there’s lot of clouds about yet and they keep blocking out the sun, hence the cool air.    I’ve been round the Ferry and up to the Pony Field on the bike and all is good.   It should get warmer later on.    Michael is golfing at Anstruther this morning;    I think Janice will be getting their stuff organised for going home.   Their ‘plan’ is to set off on Friday evening.... timing their arrival on the M25 to miss rush hour traffic.

Janice - in the Ship Inn.

21.30    Re-fuelling the car? .... nae problem.    Janice and I went to Leven to buy a few bits and bobs that I needed, and have morning coffee in Sainsbury’s.  At Sainsbury’s we thought it would be a good idea for me to try out my ‘new fuelling method.   It didnae work.... it kept clicking ‘off’.    Janice takes the nozzle and proceeds to put fuel into the tank nae bother.... like a proper car.   The answer to my fuelling problem;   Janice!   I push the nozzle way down the pipe.... and that stops it working properly.    Janice said “if that rubber stop thing wasn’t there you’d have half the hose down there too”.   Of course the big test will be when I do a re-fuelling on my own!

In the afternoon I treated the ‘Troops’ to lunch at The Ship Inn;  ‘Mac’, Michael’s golfing buddy from Colinsburgh joined us, and we had a great time.   The company, and food was outstanding..... and it was a really enjoyable afternoon.    Michael and Janice are up at Alan’s (in Colinsburgh) to say goodbye to Alan and Maggie before travelling tomorrow.

I went down to the beach in the evening;  the wind had died down and the beach was
Fun on the beach.
busy.  ‘Painted Lady’ butterflies? .... we had big kite butterflies flying off the Ferry beach this evening.    Kites nowadays fly nae bother;  unlike the home made affairs I used to make. Modern kite are much lighter, and come in all shape, sizes and colours.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....