Misty morning ...


3rd August 2019 (Saturday)     07.00 .... everything is quiet this morning...
Breezy Kinneuchar loch this morning.
even the birds are muted, as if waiting, (with some trepidation), for the August holiday to begin.   We have a nice morning as far as the weather goes;  a lot of ‘bloo’ holes are beginning to appear in the currently overcast sky, so it looks like being another bonnie day.... albeit a busy one.
I’ll go round the villages, once the sky brightens up a bit, because it’s actually quite misty at times... even though the sun is working hard to burn off the cloud.


14.00    The sun has done a good job;  we are at semi swelter temperatures!   I’ve been out on the bile, had morning coffee, bought a paper... and been along to St Monans to help get ‘M’ online so that she can communicate with her family in New Zealand.    I’ve been a busy boy ‘cos I washed the kitchen/ bathroom and lobby floors before going out.    No wonder I need ‘50’:  I shall make a fresh cuppa then start a Soduko...
It's a good job Elinor and Andrew are there - Gareth's having '50'!
and fall asleep in the Hutte.



21.00    We’ve had another bonnie day, though there’s change on in the sky tonight.    I did a wee bit of work in the afternoon, but most of the time I pottered around in or near the Hutte.   I did a few Soduko’s... though I have to admit that the Fiendish ones take a lot longer to do.  
My neighbours, are away home;  I always miss them, because, although our paths rarely meet we do occasionally bump into each other, ....  and, I always know that they are there in the background.   I suppose it’s a sign that the end of the summer holiday season is drawing nigh.   This past few weeks the villages have been ‘alive’ .... and will be for a few more, but it won’t be long before I have the beach to myself....  near enough.    But hey ho .... that’s away in the future (well maybe not that far ‘way’):  there’s time to make few more new friends yet.    And.... Michael and Janice arrive on Monday... ‘M’ is here for another 8 weeks or so;    and, according to Maureen, we’re
The Christian Aid bookstall outside Elie Kirk.
never too old for ‘huggin’ and a kissin’.  

Today I discovered that there are two meanings for the word ‘Dyker’.   In my case I am referring to a person who is a resident of, or comes originally from Cellardyke; that’s the old meaning, (and the only one I knew of until today) .... the modern meaning is a derogatory term for a lesbian.   This ‘boy’ leads a sheltered life in ‘The Royal Burgh’. 
I don’t know what I am going to do tomorrow;  I suppose it depends on the weather.   I’ll circumnavigate the villages early then probably do some last minute ‘ooverin’ and dustin’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....