Balmy morning ....

 27th August 2019 (Tuesday)    07.00 .... everything is quiet and still, with
Migrating Whooper swan leaving Kinneuchar loch.
hardy a leaf stirring on the Rowan Tree;   we have another lovely morning at the Centre of the Universe.   It’s a bonnie start to what looks like being another warm and sunny day .... ‘sunny intervals and a gentle breeze’ is the forecast for KY9.... though it shouldn’t be as hot as it has been recently.   I’m going to have a cuppa then get the bike out.   I feel switched ‘on’ this bonnie morning.



09.30     Well .... we do have a cracker o’ a mornin’ though are more clouds about... and it is a little bit cooler.   I did The ‘Grand Tour’ in reverse this morning and was lucky (very) enough to catch a Whooper swan setting off from his/her overnight stop on Kinneuchar loch, to continue the journey to Iceland.      I saw the bird take off on from the North side of the loch and wondered why it had done so, it was only when it came round my way that I realised it was a Whooper.  

Elie.
Elie was looking good in the early morning light so I photographed the sea front houses ‘tae bits’;  and I’m happy with the results.    The beach was busy with joggers and dogs walking their owners;  it is a nice day for being ‘out and about’.    And the sky has more ‘bloo’ in it now that the sun has got going.    I’d better have breakfast ‘cos I’m beginning to feel peckish.


16.00    I have an appointment to get my haircut tomorrow, at 09.00.... I’m looking forward to that.    I didn’t get to visit Jimbo today because by the time I got to Leven and made the appointment at the Hairdresser’s it was 12.20 and Jim would be sitting down for lunch.... so I went to Sainsbury’s and did my shopping.   I’ll visit Jim tomorrow after I’ve had my haircut.


Cooler today? .... not by much it isn’t:  it’s 23c in the garden and still too hot for this
Chapel Green from the Cockstail Rocks.
bunny even playing in.   There’s a yellow warning for thunder and heavy downpours later, but that’s most likely for the West of Fife;  I hope.   In the meantime (I’ve just woken up after a long ‘50’) I need a cuppa.


18.30   The sky has darkened considerably over the past hour and there is a big thunderstorm around the Durham area and it’s moving North;   with a bit of luck it will go out over the coast onto the North Sea round about Alnwick.   I had a ‘thundery’ headache but that has cleared away and I’m feeling ‘bright eyed and bushy tailed’.... and ready to browse the photographs I got this morrrrrrning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....