Bonnie morning ....


21st August 2019 (Wednesday)       06.30  ..... it is a lovely
This morning.
morning, mostly cloudy with occasional sunny spells, and it shouldn't be cold because there’s only a light breeze.   Off to get the bike.



09.30    It’s lovely ‘out’ but chilly on the hands;  there’s a touch of Autumn in the air:  that said, once the sun gets going it should be warmer.   I did the ‘Grand Tour’ this morning and met Stewart (at the harbour), then the lovely Primrose going down to the harbour, and saw Jock cleaning the brasses.   It was all go in the villages this morning.   Actually the villages are quiet for this time in August.

Kinneuchar loch.
The loch was looking like a mirror....alas, the sun was hidden by clouds when I was there.   ‘The Beast’ has chomped up a few more of the rhododendrons that were encroaching onto the road.   Stewart was telling me that all it does (‘The Beast’) is convert the whole rhododendron bush to small bits of ....wellll .... rhododendron bush and leave it on the ground as mulch.  I’d best have breakfast now before bumbling along to Elie (in the car as the bike is being charged) for ‘morning coffee in Harbour House.

19.38 (my word - that was a good year).... I’ve been to Leven to visit ‘Jimbo’ and to do a wee shopping when I was there.   The original ‘plan’ was to get my haircut but I forgot about that and went to  the ‘Leslie Bike Shop’ (Glenrothes) to get a pump for the
Kinneuchar loch.
bike.    I’ll see about getting my haircut next week.



Jim was in a sort of ‘distant’ mood, in fact he was hard to find this morning;  he was in his bedroom... ‘counting’ his money.   Not so much counting it as being puzzled by it.  I eventually got him along to the lounge but a carer came in and he followed her to I know not where.   I never saw him again... he hadn’t gone back to his room or any of the other lounges so I assumed he’d gone to the toilet.   I waited a while and left after about 40 minutes.   This was not a very successful visit;  but every visit is different.   I’m going to print off some of the kirk photographs we took;   I’ll start with Elie and Kinneuchar.... I have loads of those, to see how Jim reacts to seeing photos of the Elie and Kinneuchar kirk windows etc.   It’s a’plan’.

Elie harbour.
I got a pump that for the bike that fits into the bag;  and a new gel seat.   The pump I can manage to put into the bag;  fitting the seat might be harder.   I bought fruit and vital necessities in Sainsbury’s, then bumbled back home.   I didn’t get out in the afternoon.... I didn’t get home until 14.00 so it was a short afternoon .... and falling asleep in the Hutte made it shorter.

We’ve had a short rainy spell and it also feels cooler so I won’t be going out this evening.    The weather forecast is for it to get warmer... hot even .... by the weekend.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....