Feeling playful ....


23rd August 2019 (Friday)    07.00 .... the rain has moved away and we
Balcarres crag tower .... a mandatory photograph for me.
have a bright and breezy morning.... and not cold considering the briskness of the breeze;  a nice start to the Bank Holiday weekend.   It isn’t holiday weekend in Scotland;   we had our August Bank ‘oliday on the first Monday (the 5th).    Sod that .... I’m having a Bank ‘oliday this weekend too.    It’s a ‘play weekend’ .... bring on the sunny intervals .... long ones:  one 12 hour long one would be good.   Orf to have another cuppa.



20.30     We did have along sunny spell, near enough the whole day .... and it was warm, even with the brisk breeze.    I went up to Balcarres and pottered around some of the old corners, eventually joining the main road at Balniel Farm from where I scampered all the way down to Robin Gray’s Cottage.    I do downhill fast.   From Robin Gray’s I went to Kinneuchar then home via Elie Estate to avoid some of the traffic.   On my way along South Street I met Shona:  she went to the Barnett’s the Baker’s and bought a couple of pieces of Millionaire’s Shortbread, I went to Ivy and
Sheltering from the midday sun.
put the kettle on.   We enjoyed a cuppa, the millionaire’s shortbread and a catch up chat in the Hutte.    By the time we’d done all that it was late afternoon;  Shona had abandoned her bike at the Breakwater so she bumbled off to pick it up and head back home to Kinneuchar.   I fell asleep.

The sky has clouded over since, but rain isn’t mentioned in the forecast.    My legs tired after my run up to Balcarres;  but it was enjoyable.   I biked right up to the high point where the road goes down to Lathallan.    I say ‘biked’ but of course I did use the battery for the hard bits;  getting to the top of Balcarres is effortless now.    Where will I go tomorrow.... the bike is fully charged again.   I used half the battery capacity for today’s run (18.83 kilometres or 11.7 miles):  the total capacity is 20 miles or thereabout.... further if you
Sprattyhall Farm.
don’t have to use the battery often.    This is good:  nearly all my girl friends are within that range;  and for those that are beyond that range the bike folds and goes into the car.   All is good.... apart from me being tired now.   It will be an early night in bed with the book methinks.   It’s a queer book about chocolate and a tuning fork.   I cannae pit it doon!   It’s the way it’s written.... and I’m kinda fond o’ chocolate.

The weather forecast for ‘ra morra’ is good....  it might even be warmer.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....