Damp ....


16th August 2019 (Friday)     07.30 ....  “Light rain with a fresh wind” is
The Ivy Cottage Hydrangea - I like the colour of it.
the weather forecast for most of today: however the rain should begin to move away by early afternoon, leaving us with a nice evening.   Right now “Light rain with a fresh wind” is what we have .... in one word ‘dreich’.    Michael and Janice are driving down to Sussex later today;  the plan is to set off in the early afternoon, by which time the weather should have improved here but there's rain warnings out for, near enough, the whole of England today.  
It is not a morning for dog walking;  but try telling the dogs that!   I have no doubt there will be a few dogs walking their owners in the rain:   I'll leave my 'going out' until later in the afternoon, though I'll probably take the car up to Elie for the paper and morning coffee.

Janice and Michael - just before they set of for Sussex.
14.00     Michael and Janice set off at 13.25 and should be back in Uckfield around about 0100 tomorrow morning.   They’ll be having a couple of rest stops on the way down.   The sky has started to brighten up so I have the towels going through the machine... I might even get them out on the line in the middle of the afternoon:   I am an optimist!   Tomorrow is actually a better forecast regards being a ‘drying day’ so, as long as the washing is done, and ready to dangle out first thing in the morning I’ll be a happy boy.   It’s been good having the ‘Troops’ .... but it’s always extra ‘lonely’ when visitors go away.   Luckily the village is busy so there is the sound of activity in the background, something there will be less of be in a few weeks.  

As far as I can see the only thing they have forgotten to take with them is two packs of Lorne Sausage:   I’ll be alright for burgers for the next 10 days!    
   
21.30    Michael phoned half an hour ago to let me know that they were having a break
The 'buggy' high tailing it up Ferry Road.
at Knutsford Services.   They had hoped to be further down the road by now but got caught up win the blockage on the A90 where a transporter had shed it’s load.   It took them two and a half hours to get past that and onto the motorway;  having gone via the Fudge Doughnut factory ay Cupar.



The washing has all been done, and the towels that I hung out in the afternoon dried perfectly.   The sheets are ready to go out first thing in the morning.... in what is forecast to be a good ‘drying day’.   That said;  we could get thundery showers overnight.

 Having done all the ‘ousework, I haven’t been out and about at all today.    However I should make amends for that tomorrow, because I have a fully charged battery on the bike, and the weather forecast is good.

‘Starlight Venture’, a crude oil tanker that left Hound Point early this morning (02.21) has taken a different route from all the others that I’ve followed so far, making for the Far East.  ‘Starlight Venture’ has gone North to pass through the Pentland Firth on its way to Singapore.   Odd.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....