Brisk breeze ...


17th August 2019 (Saturday)     07.00 .... There’s a brisk westerly wind
Michael and Janice are back home!
(F4-5) and the sheets are on the line taking advantage of it.  After the  downy cover is through the machine and  out on the line, the major part of today’s ‘work’ is done.   Not only is it a good ‘drying day... it’s also a good one for going out to play.   I’ve been cleaning the Canon lenses etc. so I must have a practice with it later, .... most times when I’m out on the bike I take the smaller Olympus ‘bridge’ camera.    This is when I need my model!

‘Starlight Venture (our oil tanker) has passed through the Pentland Firth and  is off the north tip of Lewis (The Butt of Lewis);  she should pass St Kilda sometime this morning.


12.00    That was a bit of luck;   I was resting in the Hutte when I noticed a dark cloud booming in so I took the downy cover in .... and it started to spit rain.   (We're vcatching the ewdge of a heavy bshower as in type).     I’ve kinda worked myself to a standstill, but I’m a happy boy because all
The West end of the Ferry High Streeet circa 1920.
the bedding is dry and ready to iron.... which I’ll do once I get my ‘second wind’.   In the mean time I’ll have a ‘lite bite’ lunch the finish the ‘ouse work.



19.00    This has been a ‘work day’ for me;  but I am happy with all the ‘ousework that I have done.   I’m chuffed with managing to get all the washing done... and dry.     We have had a bonnie day, though we did catch the edge of a couple of heavy showers:   it has been a good day for playing and working.   I haven’t done any ‘playing’ at all today; however I might go to the beach after this shower passes over.   Having said that;   I feel absolutely kna.... shattered after today’s efforts.....  perhaps a cuppa would be a better idea.   The downy cover has yet to be
The East end of the Ferry High Street.... 1935.
filled with the innards and I intend doing that job before the evening is over.   Hey that is a heavy shower of rain;  it’s a good job I didn’t go to the beach.

Tomorrow is the tenth anniversary of Maggie dying, so I’ll have a quiet, contemplative kind of day.    I’ll go out on the bike early then potter around Ivy:  the weather forecast is for the weather to be much the same as it has been today .... ‘breezy with occasional showers’.   Orf to put the kettle on.


20.30    I don’t think I’ll be on the beach this evening...  to many heavy showers bumbling around..... and my knee is in need of a rest.   I have managed to do the ironing and stuff the innards into the downy cover since the last update.    That’s ‘ousework done for today.... a relaxing cuppa is next on the agenda.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....