Hmmmmm ...


11th August 2019 (Sunday)    07.00 ....Hmmmm ... it’s dry just now but the
Overcast .... but bonnie - as ever.
sky doesn’t look promising;  spells of light rain are forecast for most of the day.   I doubt if I’ll be going far on the bike this morning.... I’m having a cuppa;  and a ponder!



10.00    With the sky being overcast the air is cool (for this time of year) but at least it isn’t raining.   I’ve been out on the bike.... the Elie Estate road will be extremely wet, and muddy, so I just did the ‘round the villages’ run.  By the time I went out the villages were beginning to stir; I met Primrose on her way to the harbour, another lady (visitor) down at the harbour and saw a few people on the beach, but Chapel Green I had to myself.   Right now it’s dry but I get the feeling that rain isn’t far away:  as long as it stays ‘away’ we’re happy.

Botanists by the fourth fairway.

17.30     Unfortunately the rain came our way, and has been with us all afternoon, near enough, and is forecast to continue until later tonight:   not weather for going out.   Having said that Michael treated us to lunch up in the ‘19th Hole’ (about 100 yards away), and that was enjoyable.    The food, and company, was excellent .... and turned a dreich afternoon in a pleasurable one.    The England v Wales rugby game was on the tele;  Janice was the only England supporter there .... and England won, much to the consternation of the ‘other’ support.    I missed all that because I’d gone down to Ivy to have ‘50’.    Anyway, Janice and Michael are back in Ivy, and we’ve had a cuppa.... though I don’t know what I’m going to do next.    I know what I won’t be doing;   going out on the bike.... and, both it and me have fully charged batteries.


20.30   As far as the weather went it has been a dreich afternoon ... and evening.    I 
The Ferry High Street this evening.
went out to get a few ‘wet look’ photographs of the High Street and the beach, and was pleasantly surprised to find a number of other folks out for a late evening breath of air.    The rain had eased off a wee bit and folks were, like me, glad to get out and stretch their legs:  and dogs, unlike us, don’t bother about the weather.  I did get the photos I wanted so I’m a happy boy... albeit slightly damp round the edges.  It is forecast to be drier tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....