Hmmmm ... dull kind of morning


1st August 2019 (Thursday)     06.30  .... the sky is overcast, but some
Elie Bay - with Earlsferry beyond.
‘bloo’ holes should appear in the general greyness by mid morning;   along with the chance of light showers.    I see the first of the ‘bloo’ patches appearing so all is good at Elie and ‘The Royal Burgh’.   I’m going out on the bike in a wee while;  the plan is to wash jerseys this morning, though that’s kind of dependant on the showers .... preferably the lack of.
The “Tenacious”, a three mast barque launched in 2000, has been moored off the May overnight... on her way to Leith.    ‘She’ is the biggest wooden vessel to be built in the UK for over 100 years;  designed specifically for young people, over 16, with disabilities.  


09.30    I’ve done the ‘Grand Tour’ (the villages and Elie Estate) and all is as it should be.   Although the sky remained overcast all the time, it is a nice enough day to be ‘out and about’;  and a few paler bits are beginning to appear so ‘sunny spells’ aren’t far away.    The villages were quiet;  I met Primrose ... walking the dog and litter picking;  she, and Neil (unsung heroine and hero of the villages) litter pick every day.   Sadly litter louts drop litter every day... if only they could learn to drop it in a bin.

The barque, "Tenacious".

21.00    It’s been a bonnie day for the woollen (jerseys) drying;  but not a very productive one as far as getting much else done.    I had a migraine at midday and that, more or less, took care of the afternoon.   I took a couple of pills and pottered, catnapped, and did Soduko’s.    I’m feeling brighter now, and should be really ‘good for work’ in the morning;  with a spot of play fitted in somewhere.   I went down to Nana’s Seat to see the Tenacious but she was on the other side of the Firth, so the photo I got was not the best.

After we had morning coffee I came home via the Estate, mostly to avoid the traffic between Elie and The Royal Burgh:  the mirror like look of the loch had vanished in the freshening breeze;  the loch looked bonnie, just no reflections.
I think tomorrow is supposed to be another nice day.... a repeat of today’s weather.
The beach at midday.

For some reason I got round to thinking about eyebrows today.   For instance;   did you know that the ancient Egyptians, both girls and boys, painted their eyebrows as an homage to the God Horus?   I know that you will be pleased to know that;  but what made me think of eyebrows today?.... Horus isn’t ‘iggzactly’ headline News.   Oh I remember:   Brenda was working this bonnie Thursday morning, (and does every fourth Thursday)... and that has something to do with eyebrows.   I’ll come to me.... and when it does readers of ‘The Hutte’ will be the first to know.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....