Playful ....


  20th August 2019 (Tuesday)    07.00 ....   It’s a nice quiet morning.
Dougie with tractor and trailer used to take the grain to the farm.
although heavily overcast:  in fact heavily enough overcast to be spitting rain and stopping me from going ‘roond the villages’ on the bike.   The sun should break through by mid morning .... and ‘the plan’ will be back on track.  Until then I’ll have breakfast, do a wee bit of ‘ousework, then take the car up to Elie for the paper and morrrrrrning coffee.



16.30     I’ve been mair active today (playwise i.e.).... although not on the bike.    I took the car up to Kinneuchar to see if Dougie had combined the field just west of the kirk.  Most of it had been done and just as I was beginning to I wonder if he’d finish it after the light rain we had this morning I heard a
Harvest time .... with Kinneuchar kirk in the background.
tractor coming from the Broomlees  direction:  yes it was Dougie so I got the photographs of the field being cut.... with the kirk in the background.   From there I went to Elie and had morning coffee in ‘arbour ‘ouse with Myra and Geoff.   Happy boy.

The ‘plan’ was to go out on the bike on the afternoon but, while heavy showers weren’t mentioned in the weather forecast clouds began to gather from the West and we did end up catching the edge of one.    It’s looking good now so I might get the bike out in the evening.   Right now I’m thinkin’ cuppa!


19.30    The wee ants that run about, seemingly aimlessly, outside the Hutte never cease to amaze me.    They are only a couple of millimetres long, but my word they use up some energy just being wee ants;  no wonder they are tiny.  A wasp invaded the Hutte this afternoon and I flattened it with my Soduko book and chucked the body
.... the sharp end!
outside.    The sun was warm, and the ants were scuttling about all over the place, occasionally bumping into another ant... “oh ... it’s you”... then off again.   Eventually one of them bumped into the body of the wasp... and found it interesting.... presumably as food for the nest.  I thought it would ‘send’ out a signal to its mates but that didn’t appear to be the case because it began to move the wasp ... on its own.  The body of the wasp must be at least 50 times bigger than the ant, but the wee ant managed to move the body... albeit slowly.    Eventually the body of the wasp got stuck in the space between two slabs .... and a few more ants suddenly appeared and began to help to get the body up and on the move again;  and they did.   Then a shower came over and the
.... the 'stoorie' end!
ants sought shelter in the nest.   The moral of the story .... “don’t underestimate the wee guys;  they might surprise you!”    Anyway the body of the wasp is still there.... and nearer to the ant nest than it was, so it will be interesting to see how they get on tomorrow.    I can provide them with more wasps ‘cos they (wasps) blunder into the Hutte a few times over a day.    No wonder I'm tired.


Nae ‘plan’ for tomorrow;   I’ll see what the weather is like first thing then make my mind up.    I’ve had a busier, and better, day today:  I will be spreading any work that I might want to do over a longer period of time in future.   I remember that Jimmy had the same problem:  like me he did the job in one ‘sitting’ and took two or three days to recover.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....