Quiet morrrrrning ....


8th August 2019 (Thursday)     07.00 .... there’s bit of early cloud around....
Now I'm wondering if they their caught 'breakfast'!
but that will burn off as the sun gets higher in the sky.   The ‘Troops’ are going to a shopping Mall in Livingston this morning;   I’ll do a small amount of ‘ooverin’ and dustin’ when they’re out;  and go for morning coffee.   We have a quiet start to the day....”light cloud and a gentle breeze, with the chance of thundery showers later in the afternoon” is the forecast.    Off to circumnavigate the villages before brekkie.



11.30    Michael and Janice are away to the big shopping place in Livingston, I’ve done the ‘Grand Tour’ (the villages and the estate) on the bike.... and some ‘ooverin’ and dustin’:  and yes... I am now ready to have a cuppa in the Hutte and do a Soduko ... or three.    The bike is ‘on charge’, but I doubt if I’ll be out on it again today....
The Ferry High Street.
perhaps in the evening.



15.00    My word it is cosy this afternoon;  24c in Ivy garden .... far too hot to do Soduko’s.   I kept falling asleep.   I managed to do a wee bit of ‘ousework ... but didn’t overdo it in case I dehydrated.  It’s a nice day for the folks on holiday;  I imagine the beach will be busy this afternoon, but I ain’t going down to find out.    The kettle should have boiled by now;  yep ... I need a cuppa.


16.30     Michael and Janice had a great ‘shop’ at Livingston;   in fact Janice reckons it the best shopping Mall etc she’s been to.... which means it must be good, because there’s a few good Shopping Malls down south.   Michael bought me a new keyboard... the old one, I think I have already mentioned it, had lost most of the letters... and this one is totally wireless.... so less cable clutter. 

  21.30    We’ve had a lovely day today... though a bit hot for me in the afternoon.   I used to enjoy hot days but nowadays I end up with ‘the mauchless’.    It’s fine once the air cools down again;  I feel like a spring lamb.   In the heat I feel like a lamb chop.   I suppose I could say that I have had a restful afternoon doing Soduko’s. 
I don’t know what the ‘plan’ is for tomorrow:  according to the weather forecasts there’s a good chance of thunder/ heavy showers.... but they are hit or miss, so we
'Howard' and 'Marina' and their  three cygnets.
might get lucky as we did today.   If it does rain I’ll make scones;  Michael bought clotted cream so we could have a ‘Cream Tea’ afternoon.

There are at least 8 cygnets on the loch;  Hermione and Herbert have five.... and Howard and Marina (of Last of the Summer Wine fame) have three.    There were also four Great Crested Grebe chicks.... swimming line astern behind ‘Maw’ and Paw’.   Busy place is Kinneuchar Loch.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....