Sussex 'Troops' ....


6th August 2019 (Tuesday)     07.00 ... it’s a quiet morning with a fair
It's a bonnie morning to be working on the golf course!
amount of cloud about, and ....  we had spits and spots o’ rain not long ago;  that is the weather forecast.... ‘sunny spells with the chance of light showers in the morning, heavy thundery ones in the afternoon.  The ‘spits and spots o’ rain began as I was about to go out on the bike, so ... yep.... I had another cuppa, and will wait until the ‘troops’ arrive before going anywhere.   I’m feeling brighter this morning after a good night’s sleep;  I’m wondering if I overdid the 'work';  I did wipe down the cornice’s and all that sort of thing.    I’ll take it easy today;  the ‘plan’ being to do a small shopping after ‘MC’ at ‘arbour ‘ouse.   I imagine the troops will want to sleep after their overnight journey.


I saw the cruise ship ‘Marina’ going up the Firth this morning;   I’m wondering if it was named after Howard’s ‘Marina’ in Last of the Summer Wine.


The Ferry beach.

20.00    Michael and Janice arrived at 09.15 after an adventurous journey:  the clutch broke down just north of London... 450 miles from Scotland ...  80 from Uckfield (Sussex).   I’d have been on the phone to the RAC to be taken back to Sussex;  but not Michael, he drove the van, without a clutch, all the way to Bonnie Scotland .... including being diverted through Coventry.    Janice was a ‘bag o’ nerves’ by the time they arrived at Ivy.    We took the van to Fife Auto in Leven, but they couldn’t do it until next week so we are taking it to the St Andrews branch first thing tomorrow morning... because they can fit it in sooner..    By ‘we’ I mean Michael driving the van ... with Janice and me in ‘Sooper Buggy (the support vehicle).  That reminds me we need to go to Fisher and Donaldson’s factory in Cupar for Emergency Rations .... we need them for the support vehicle.    It’s been all excitement today.   Michael’s name is now on my insurance so they can bumble around in SB.

When in Leven we went to Sainsbury’s and did a ‘shopping’;  an astronomical
A quiet corner of Earlsferry.
shopping by my usual standards.   We had the clink of bottles in one of the bags.... wherein there were a few tins of Sweetheart Stout... I thought they’d stopped making that year’s ago. 
We’ve had a few not so heavy showers this afternoon;  we only caught the edges so have been lucky.   I think the forecast is for tomorrow to be ‘more of the same’.
I’ve definitely been feeling better today... and hope to be the ‘normal’ me tomorrow.    Now off to try one of those Sweetheart stouts that I mentioned.    I haven’t tasted one for .... jings it must be 30 - 40 years.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....