Cooler air but nice ....


29th August 2019 (Thursday)     05.30  .... It’s a quiet kind of
Pre sunrise sky over Elie Bay.
morrrrrrrrning so I’m going to take a wander to the beach to see what kind of sunrise we get;   sunrise time being 06.08 for ‘KY9’ this morning.   There’s affair bit of clouds around but the early sky does look promising.

07.30   Apart from the usual birds, I had the beach to myself this morning;  which is not surprising considering the time.    It was an interesting pre sunrise sky and, though not spectacular it is always exhilarating watching the sky change:  it makes me feel irrelevant in the general scheme of things but really glad that I made the effort to be there.   One thing I must do is remember that it isn’t ’iggzactly’ warm at that time and dress accordingly;  heavy duty jacket etc.   Yes it was a bonnie start to the morning... even though there was a touch of ‘red sky in the morning’ etc.   There is a chance of light showers later according to the forecast. 

Early sunlit clouds over Earlsferry.
19.00   We did catch a couple of showers, one of them heavy, in the afternoon.... and the temperature has dropped considerably.    Well it feels ‘considerable’ after the high temperatures we’ve enjoyed recently.   Sunny Sussex (and the south east) is the place to be.... they’re still getting temperatures up to 25c.


I haven’t done much today;  though I did do a small washing;  and some weeding as it’s the  ‘broon bucket’ tomorrow.   I kept an eye on the weather re the washing and managed to get it ‘nearly dry’ before the showers came.

In the afternoon I visited Jim.... and found him more or less as he was yesterday.   He remembered that ‘M’ was with me yesterday, and that we had a conversation about New Zealand:  he asked how long she was over for and would I be bringing her in again.   We had a ‘normal’ conversation. As long as I remember to keep to the one
5 minutes after sunrise.
subject and to give Jim time to think about his answer.
  
When I got back from Leven Patricia stopped to tell me that I’d missed a Coffee Morning earlier this week, and the Drop in Cafe this afternoon.   I can’t believe that I missed those.... but I did.   I am a silly boy.

 ‘Strong winds and rain’ is the weather forecast for KY9 tomorrow;  it looks like being a ‘work on the computer’ day.    I’ll manage to go for morning coffee, and the paper.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....