Weather is bleak ....I am not


12th August 2018 (Sunday) ... 08.30    There’s no denying it;  the East
Eagle Owl.
wind does ‘dreich’ the best!    We have a lovely example of an East wind bringing dreich weather in from the North sea this morning ..... ‘dreich’ is not pleasant;   and is forecast to continue through until tomorrow morning.   It’s a day for doing ‘ousework and stuff.



19.00     It has been a lovely day for doing ‘ousework and computer stuff.    For some unknown reason I stripped my bed;  a job that wasn’t due to be done for another week.    Oh well it gave me some exercise.    I also did a big ironing while watching the European Men’s Cycle Road race:   16 laps of a 14.4 kilometres course around Glasgow.    That’s 230.4 kilometres (143 miles) in total... in around 5 hours.   It was raining most of the time making the streets/road slippery, causing accidents.... and many punctures.    Exciting stuff. The longest I’ve done in a day,  was 135 miles in just under 9 hours ... this included  a short stop at Callander for lunch... and one puncture (quickly repaired) near
Elie tower.
Coalsnaughton.

I read on the BBC website that Cornwall is being swamped by tourists;  and sometimes the roads to the popular resorts are grid locked.    As a ‘tourist’ in Cornwall recently, I could see why people want to go there, and I could also understand the problems that local residents have with this huge influx of vehicles into an ‘olde world’ town or village.    It’s not the people that cause the problem it’s the vehicles.   I wonder?    Could this be a problem in the East Neuk in the not so distant future.

I haven’t been further than the front gate today;  even going that far was disheartening.  Luckily I have been working some photographs for PowerPoint, and
The Beacon - Earlsferry.
most of them, the photographs, have been .... welll not dreich.    With us having had a decent spell of sunny weather recently, this ‘dreich- ness’ is ever so slightly disappointing.... and tomorrow is not forecast to be much bonnier than today.    Monday evening should see the East wind veering to the Southwest, getting rid of the ‘dreich’ weather.     It will be showery but not miserable.   Thursday is forecast to be the next ‘drying day’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....