'Georgie' Vestey... London artist.


29th August 2018 (Wednesday) .... 08.00    There doesn’t appear to have
Georgie Vestey ... London artist.
been any overnight rain:  I don’t know if this means it has yet to arrive, or if it has missed us altogether.... probably, and hopefully, the latter.   At present we have ‘wall to wall’ sunshine, but there is a cool Northwest wind.... which means I should get some of the shed painted today, once the sun warms up the air.    I’m  a delicate boy.



20.00    It was cool went I went for a walk up to Chapel Green this morning.... but considerably warmer sitting on The Boss’s seat sheltered from the wind.    Sitting there, mulling over life in general I was glad to be brought out of my daydream by a few walkers bumbling there way round the Chapel Green walk.    One couple came from Alnwick (pronounced “Annick”).... definitely not “Alllnwick”.... and most definitely not when speaking to a couple of “Annickers”.     While I was chatting to the “Annickers”, Georgie Vestey, a  professional artist, from London arrived and began to set up her easel on Chapel Green.    ‘Georgie’ has been up for a few days holiday, staying with her ‘Gran’ who lives in Earlsferry.    When on holiday ‘Georgie’ takes the
..an hour and a half later.
opportunity to paint;  and has been a very busy artist in Elie and Earlsferry.    I first met Georgie two years ago, again on Chapel Green;   and .... well I guess I like talking to folk.    It’s amazing when I think about it:   I have taken thousands of photographs around Elie and Earlsferry, some of which I would call ‘pictures’ as opposed to just photographs;  but my photographs, even the ‘picture standard' ones, many taken from the very spot where Georgie set up her easel today,... are welll just photographs.   Artists like Georgie make a picture almost a living object.     She is an impressive lady.   Oh .... I'm good at painting sheds!




21.30    There was only Geoff  and me for coffee in Harbour House this morning .... Myra and Jim were otherwise engaged.    After Harbour House I went up to Chapel Green to see ‘Georgie’ again, then left her in peace to finish her painting.    I had lunch up at Colinsburgh, sitting with the Colinsburgh girls.    Apparently there is ‘nothing’ happening in Colinsburgh;  tomorrow, at the Drop in Cafe  I’ll find out what is happening in the other ‘outer
'Georgie' with her painting of Elie harbour.
reach’ (Kinneuchar) of the ‘Trinity’ Parish.    Probably ‘nothing’. 

 

I’ve enjoyed today, but have done too much;  my knee and hips are sair tonight.    I’ll have a quiet day tomorrow.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....