Wall to wall dreich ....


26th August (Sunday) .... 08.45    The sky was overcast when I first looked out
26th August 2014.
at 06.30, but it didn’t start to rain until 08.00:  it is now ‘dreich’.    Light rain on an east wind.... therefore not very warm.... and probably with us for most of the day.     I am feeling rather lively this morning .... in spite of the weather;  but I’ll have to curb my liveliness and work on the computer until later in the afternoon when the weather should improve.


17.00    ... “later in the afternoon”....  and it is still dreich, although there has been times when the sky brightened;  we even had a glimpse of a watery sun at one time.    It certainly hasn’t been a day for bumbling about outside .... at least not so far:   I suppose it it could brighten up by sunset time.     At the moment it looks like the sun is never going to be seen again!

26th August 2014
I’ve had a day working on the computer, .... and watching the Pope in Ireland.   The weather in Ireland isn’t any better than it is here, but crowds have turned out nevertheless, to see, and hear him.   I imagine it would be a tricky job being ‘The Pope’, with media people waiting to give their slant on your every word.    Bit like HM the Queen I suppose. 
 

19.00     Wellll .... I have to say this hasn’t been the most exciting day;   though I did achieve a fair amount of work on the computer.    Having said that, I feel frustrated.... like I haven’t done anything at all.   I had been hoping that the sun might break through earlier in the evening so that we could enjoy a quiet walk on the beach.... but that will have to be tomorrow.  

Tomorrow morning we have the unveiling of the Interpretation Boards at Chapel
June 2014.
Green, followed by a buffet lunch and a chat at the Pavilion, then the unveiling of the ‘Mar’s Boys’ interpretation board, at the harbour, in the afternoon.    The weather forecast for tomorrow is ‘good’;   that said, almost any kind of weather would be better than what we’ve had today.    We are to have some ‘sunny spells’ throughout the day.... and nae rain.

I’m going to have long soak in the bath after this update;   that should wash all today’s dreich-ness out of my auld bones.    I’ll then sort out the camera and stuff for tomorrow.
Today’s photographs were taken four years ago.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....