Feeling productive ....



16th August 2018 (Thursday) ... 07.00     there’s a fresh, ‘drying’ breeze
This afternoon.
from the West, so I have a washing out on the line;  which should be long dry before any showers that may build up in the afternoon.    I also  have the kettle ‘on’, and the bike at the front door....  ready to go up to Chapel Green, after a cuppa.   Actually there’s a touch of autumn in the air this morning;   a perfect morning for doing things.  



20.00   I’m know you will all be wondering.... ‘did my washing dry?’     Yes it did!   In fact it was dry and ‘in’ well before the first shower of rain ambled its way across to us, in the middle of the afternoon.    After taking the washing in, I went to the beach for a walk, by this time the sky was looking very threatening.    Dorothy and George were also out for a walk, then they felt a few spits and spots and decided to cut short their walk;  as I did mine .... I was back in Ivy just as the rain started.   It didn’t last any time.    The next shower was the same (think we only had two ... showers i.e.); short and sharp.    It has been a bonnie evening.

10 minutes before a shower o' rain arrived.
I got the bike out this morning, but a few drops of rain had me going for the paper, and morning coffee, in the car.   I could have biked because it, the rain, never got beyond the ‘few drops’ stage.     As it was, taking the car was useful;  I was able to give Jim a lift home as Myra  was off somewhere in their car.    We travelled  home via Balbuthie Loan.... a road that Jim hasn’t been on for a long time.   Jim was excited by this.    Well maybe not.

I have been a very ‘brave’ boy today.    For the first time since Maggie died, I have not ironed the sheets:  they have been neatly folded and are hanging on the ‘sheet hanging bracket thing’.    I suppose you could call the ‘sheet hanging bracket thing, a ‘clothes horse’.... but it isn’t.   It’s like a clothes horse but not the same.    I might not sleep well
.... a minute before I was back in 'Ivy'.
tonight because of this:   in fact the first thing that will most likely do tomorrow morning?....  iron the sheets.   It depends on how , guilty, and restless I am tonight.     It will be nine years since Maggie died, (on Saturday), so I kinda think I’ll be doing an ironing tomorrow morning!

I don’t have a ‘plan’ for tomorrow (other than ironing);  though I hope to bike up for the paper and morning coffee.    The weather forecast is ‘fairly good’, though it could be cloudier, but mostly dry, in the afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....