Nearly in the mood for working ...


20th August 2018 (Monday) .... 08.30    At the moment the sky is overcast,
Ferry Road this afternoon.

but we are forecast to have ‘sunny’ spells’ by mid afternoon.    At least it isn’t wet this morning.... and there is only a light south westerly breeze;  it may not be a morning for bumbling about on the beach, but it’s a good one for dustin’ and polishing stuff.    I’ll do the beach in the afternoon.
   

19.00    I didn’t do the beach in the afternoon;   instead I chose to go up to the Pony Field and the golf course.    It was a bonnie afternoon for a walk.... and .... the golf course was awfie quiet.    The quietness of the golf course surprised me;  it’s normally busy in August.    Anyway I enjoyed a quiet walk round the Pony Field the down the third fairway.    There were golfers(?) dotted around the course but they were few, and far between.

Elie granary from the Pony Field.
Before going for the walk I began to attack the ‘ivy’ of Ivy Cottage.    This is a ‘bush’ of Ivy;  Maggie planted the remnants of some delicate, must be kept frost free, Ivy in the garden.... oh some 30, or so, years  ago.     Frost didn’t bother it and it is now one big clump: it is my intention to reduce the size of this ‘clump of ivy’ before the end of summer.     I made a start this afternoon and it is now ready for me to really attack with loppers.     Before I do that I’ll need to buy a new pair of loppers, because the ones I have are ancient and don’t cut very well.
 
When I set off from Ivy this morning, to go for the paper and morning coffee, my intention was to go to the skip at Pittenweem after the coffee.    When we were having coffee I mentioned that I was going to the depot:  luckily, Geoff reminded me that the Pittenweem Re-Cycling Depot is closed on Mondays and Wednesdays. .... so that mission was put on hold.

22.00     I can’t get over how quiet the village is;  it’s like everyone has gone into hibernation.    The weather hasn’t been that bad surely.... and it, the weather, isn’t going to be bad tomorrow.... more or less the same as today’s.


Occasionally I buy a Sainsbury’s Finest ready meal;  usually the Duck in Plum Sauce,
Earlsferry from the third tee.
or the Crispy Chicken.    I’ve always thought that the Crispy Chicken is a substantial meal.    Normally I only read the ‘rools’ on the front of the pack;  today I read the front of the pack and discovered it’s for two people.    No wonder ‘Puku’ likes Crispy Chicken .... all 700 calories of it!   I’m on a diet;   and it doesn't include Crispy Chicken.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....