Cool and overcast ....


5th August 2018 (Sunday) ..... 07.30    There’s a brisk, and cool,  Northwest
Gorgeous evening.
breeze this morning;  having said that, when I was on the beach, the sun was behind clouds so it should become warmer when the sun is higher in the sky.     The beach was quiet....no joggers, and only one dog walker, .... along at the Black Wa’.... probably Jim with ‘SD’.   I ‘plan’ to have a quiet day, pottering around the garden;   I might even start painting the outside of The Hutte.... that will be a challenge.    Accepting, and adapting to ‘older age’ is not trouble free;  especially as, right now, I’m feeling lively.


The beach at 19.00.

20.30     Wellll .....  I have had a good day;  I did a washing, .... and started painting the ‘Bike Shed’.    Today I nearly used up the last of the bucket of paint that I had in the shed;   I’ll buy another bucket (of paint) on Tuesday, when I’m in Leven for a haircut, and do any shopping that I need.    It has been a perfect day for painting;  in fact, at 24c in Ivy garden  it was too hot, so I abandoned the painting and had a cuppa, in the Hutte, until the temperature dropped a bit.    The paint dries that quickly that I can give it three coats.
The Ferry Road sounded busy with vehicles this afternoon:   probably people out for an afternoon on the beach.    It has been a good day for the beach.... and for painting sheds.  
We have a really still, and peaceful, evening.     I’ve been up to Chapel Green... checked the car on the way up ..... and enjoyed a leisurely walk out Sea Tangle road, then home by Chapel Green and the Ferry High Street.   The beach was  busy, on what is a bonnie evening.    The forecast is for us to get light rain overnight and early morning.     I haven’t watered the roses so I’m depending on this ‘light rain’.     Tomorrow should be overcast at first with bright spells later.    If the rain doesn’t
The apple tree.
linger, and everything dries up, I’ll continue with painting the shed, and pottering in the garden.
Jimmy enjoyed counting the apples on the tree;  this year the tree has excelled itself and there are well over a hundred apples.    They are smaller this year, but I think they could be tastier.    Last year I made Eve’s puddings with the few that survived the Blackbird..... they weren’t good to eat off the tree;  not crisp enough for me.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....