Elie 'Sands of time' exhibition .....


4th August 2019 (Saturday) .... 08.00     Wellll .... as per weather forecast, the sky is overcast, there’s frisky breeze, and it’s cooler.    We should have ‘sunny
'Sands of Time' exhibition .... Elie Kirk Hall.
spells’ later.    It’s a nice enough morning, but a bit more gloomy looking than we’ve had of late.    In actual fact I haven’t been further than the front gate;   it’s that kind of morning!     The knee is playing up badly today .... I think the weather does affect arthritic knees etc.    Hey .... must go ... slight ‘flap on’, ....  just remembered I haven’t had breakfast.  

 

17.30    Eureka....  I have found the answer to my arthritic knee!    There’s a city called Phoenix, where the humidity is very low;   it is surrounded by a beach (must be on an island);  and is a good place for folk with arthritis to live.   What? .... The beach is a desert.... as in sandy place without water?    Hmmmm ... not quite what I had in mind.    Oh welll .... that cancels the ‘eureka’ moment!    That said ....  the residents of Phoenix must be a pain free, happy bunch.

My word .... the visitors have certainly livened up the villages!    We had the Elie Triathlon this morning.... now I’ve just seen about a hundred kids, running down Ferry Road,  taking part in some kind of race.    It’s all go in Elie and ‘The Royal Burgh’ just now.    Having taken part in all this activity, as an ‘innocent bystander’, I feel a touch
Christian Aid book stall.
of tiredness coming on.



19.30    This has been a busy day.     I biked up to Elie for the paper;  and ‘bumped into’ a crowd at the Breakwater who were there for the start of the triathlon.    This excitement had me mooring up the bike and  taking a few photographs, before I continued on my merry way.     I then came across the Christian Book Stall;  but didn’t buy any books, as I still have the three I bought a couple of weeks ago.    By this time I was well ready for morning coffee with Jim and Geoff;  Myra was on a mission elsewhere.    After the coffee I caught up with the cycling part of the triathlon , then went to the Kirk Hall to browse the exhibition.     This exhibition has been well ‘put together’,  (as all the History Society exhibitions are) and is well worth visiting;  and there is coffee/tea and biccies.   Entry is free, but you can make a donation.
   
Back at Ivy I sorted out today’s batch of photographs, had a migraine, took a couple of
The Breakwater, Elie - the Triathlon start (and finish) point.
pills, fell asleep (for about 45 minutes), in the Hutte.... and felt reasonably playful when I woke up... considering I had a migraine.    The hundred or so ‘young people’ then began to patter their way down Ferry Road (there were marshals all over the place), bringing today’s activities, and an exhilarating day, to a close.   I think.   I’m assuming there isn’t anything ‘on’ in the evening.

Tomorrow I shall hibernate in Ivy garden    Actually I’ll begin the morning earlier than I did this morning;   having slept ‘in’.    It is forecast to be lightly overcast and dry tomorrow;  it should be a good day for pottering around the garden.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....