Feeling active .....


6th August 2018 (Monday) ..... 08.00     It was sunny and warm when I
Harvest time .... 
went for the paper;   now the sky looks like we could get some light rain.    If it does rain, I don’t think it’s forecast to last long.    I’m feeling ‘bright eyed and bushy tailed’ today (if I was in a scurry of squirrels I'd be the one doing the chasing) .... and had decided to go out on the bike after breakfast, arriving at Harbour House for morning coffee.    The weather might put that on ‘hold’ for a wee while.    It’s not a morning for painting the shed:   the afternoon forecast looks more promising as far as that goes.     Right now it’s breakfast time.   


..... at Kinneuchar.

20.30      A ‘bright and breezy’ is coming to a close;   and we never did get any ‘light rain’, though at times it looked not that far away.    In the end I biked up to Kinneuchar, and into a stubble field, to get some harvest photographs;  then through Elie Estate, arriving at Harbour House as it ‘opened’ for the day, where I enjoyed a ‘morning coffee, and a chat with ‘the troops’.

With the clouds sometimes taking on that ‘we might bring light rain’ look, I didn’t get the paint out;  I sat in the Hutte and did a couple of Soduko’s instead.    In fact I had a lazy afternoon.     But I did do a lot of thinking and planning.

Tomorrow morning I’ll go to Leven.... need to do a shopping, and ... get more paint.     Although all the ‘work’ I do, and this includes painting, is now painfully slow, literally, I’m determined to keep trying to do what I can.    My thinking is “the less you do, the less you do”.    And I’m not ready to ‘retire’ just yet.    Hopefully when/if I get a knee
Sometimes called  'Kilconquhar'!
replacement I’ll be back to ‘normal’.    In the meantime I’ll keep exercising as best I can ...  covering a bit of territory on the bike;  including a few more stubble fields!
According to our weather forecasters we’re going to have a short spell of cooler, and slightly more unsettled weather.   The longer term forecast is for the next three months to be warmer than normal;   a long ‘Indian summer?    I look forward to that.     The shed painting I’ll ‘play by ear’.    Tomorrow is a ‘shopping day’.    I’ll go early and expect be back in time for morning coffee in Harbour House.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....