Cracker of a morning ....


11th August 2018 (Saturday) .... 09.00     There’s a light touch of autumn
Beautiful morning at the Centre of the Universe.
in the air this morning;   it reminds me of when Maggie and I went for a  ‘walking holiday’ in Austria:   bright and sunny, with loads of fresh air.   
We have, in fact,  a nice morning for the beach.... and for painting.    I’ll have a cuppa then get the paint out.    Must ‘go’ .... slight flap on now;  I’ve got to go while I’m in the mood.... and before I get diverted.



19.30    I am one tired, and sore, boy tonight.    Most of today has been spent painting the shed.    Three years ago I’d have done the ‘work’ I did today in a couple of hours; 
Three, different, Hoverflies on the sunflower.
but the fact that I was able to do it, albeit carefully and slowly, with frequent breaks  to rest my knee, and to do a Soduko.... means that I am a  happy bunny ‘tonight’.    And the shed is beginning to look bonnier;  even though it is only half finished.    I want to have the shed and ‘The Hutte’ painted before winter.   I have to be honest it is ‘sair wark’, but I am determined to keep doing as much as I can.... within reason.     “The less you do, the less you do”.... so I want to keep on ‘doing’ ....  when I get a new knee, I want to be reasonably fit.    One of the drawbacks to ‘working’ is that I missed my ‘morning coffee in Harbour House.    That said;  it was a perfect day for painting, and I was doing the most awkward bit, and didn’t realise the time.    I did have a late ‘morning coffee’ of my own creation, but that is not the same.

George wandered along in the middle of the afternoon;   we had a blether and a cuppa... which extended into a decent break from ‘working’. 
The sky has clouded over, giving us some light rain overnight.... and into Sunday;  in fact according to the weather forecasters we are to have light rain for most of Sunday. 
That wee Sunflower is much loved by the Hoverflies .... of all colours.    I was lucky
Painted Lady butterfly.
enough to get a photo with three different ‘flies’ on the flower.    A Painted Lady butterfly, just above the sunflower, has decided to spent the night  sheltering in the apple tree.    This is the first Painted Lady I have seen (this month);  I imagine that there will be others around.

In spite of the fact that I am sore, I feel really satisfied with my efforts today:  no doubt I will sleep well tonight.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....