Wall to wall happiness ...


25th August 2018 (Saturday) .... 08.30    It’s a cracker o’ a mornin’..... there are a few cotton wool clouds bumbling their way southeast .... a lovely morning
'Sooper Buggy' moored up in Elie High Street.
for doing things.    The garden is a bit wet for working but the shed looks dry and I’m thinking of getting the paint out.     The forecast is ‘dry’ for today, with cloud coming in later:    Rain tomorrow.



20.30     My word .... ‘The Boy’ is a tired boy tonight.    My day began with a trip up to Elie to get a paper, having morning coffee in Harbour House, then home via Balbuthie Loan and Kinneuchar.    Back at Ivy I decided to finish off lopping the ivy before lunch;  which job was successfully completed.   ( I have been taking photographs).       After lunch I gathered all the ivy onto a dust sheet and took it along to the skip at Pittenweem.    The ‘broon’ bucket will cope with all the rest of the gardening rubbish;  it is emptied every fortnight.

Elie kirk Notice Board.
The original ‘plan’, after the trip to Pittenweem, was to do some  painting but the clouds were looking more threatening so I abandoned that idea, and, instead, did some major weeding, and removal of plants that had spread too far.   The intention now is to redo the whole of the Hutte garden.   This could take a while, at the speed I can work now;  but it will keep me reasonably active. 

I could have done some painting because we have had a dry afternoon, and a bonnie evening.    You wouldn’t think it was going to rain tomorrow!   Monday will be the next suitable day for painting;  the whole of the UK is going to have a band of rain moving through tomorrow, and everywhere is to get rain at some time;  yes .... including The Royal Burgh.     I’ll probably work on the computer when it rains.

The villages appear quieter than I expected them to be this weekend;  I suppose the
Elie Kirk.
summer holiday season must be coming to an end.   The days are shorter now, and it will soon be the sunrise/sunset season.... with the sun rising, and setting, where I like it best.

Plan for tomorrow?    Jim got a Fitbit the other day, now I’m wondering if I need one?   I don’t need a complicated bit of kit;  just something that gives me my heart rate, BP and number of steps etc.   I’ll ‘Goog’ it and see what there is.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....