Memories ....


18th August 2018 (Saturday) .....  08.30     I find it hard to believe that,
Maggie on the 12th fairway ... 2008.
nine years today, Maggie died;  if seems like yesterday.    Today I am thankful for 50+ years Maggie and I were together, 48 of them as husband and wife..... and the memories made in that time.    Those memories, along with kindness, shown by family, and friends, have got me to where I am today.    I am a ‘happy boy’ in spite of the sadness of this day nine years ago.    With Maggie rattling around in my heid keeping me right, I am doing alright. Xx

We have had a wet start to the morning, but the light rain has stopped, and the  sun is beginning to make a breakthrough.    Hopefully the weather will be bonnie for the two couples being married, in Kinneuchar and Elie Kirk's, today.

Earlsferry High Street.
16.00     We’ve had a lovely, albeit breezy, afternoon;  perfect for the weddings, and for me wandering up to have coffee ‘with’ The Boss.     On the way up to Chapel Green I went into the Ferry Hall to have a look at the proposed plans to make the Hall a more useful space for the community, and to move it into the 21st century.   The proposed plans for the Town Hall are excellent, and very welcome;   it is good to have a new generation taking an interest in the village(s), and trying to keep the ‘Toon Hall’ as part of the community.   I was worried that they (the villages) might end up as  ‘heartless’, playgrounds for holiday makers;  but there is much going on in the villages to keep the ‘village community’ spirit alive.

I eventually ended up at Chapel Green to have coffee with ‘The Boss’.    The first thing that ‘she’ asked me was;   “are you still ironing the sheets?”    “Yes” I replied, “I’m still ironing the sheets!”    “Boxer Shorts?”    “Yep....  and boxer shorts!”.    “Dish towels?”    And dish towels!”   I thought I’d passed with flying colours.... but;  “What about ‘ooverin and dustin’?”     Er .... "Hooverin’ nae bad;  dustin’ about to be improved!”    'We' then had coffee.   It was pleasant sitting having a quiet reminisce... and a chocolate biscuit.   Chapel Green was busy, on what was a bonnie afternoon for walking.


19.00    Although this is a sad date in my calendar, I have had a pleasurable day:  morning coffee in Harbour House with Myra Jim and Geoff.    I met Jim in the ‘paper
Chapel Green... and all that remains of the medieval chapel.
shop’ and promptly forgot about the RNLI Coffee Morning in the kirk hall!    (That was about half an hour after Marcia had reminded me that it, the RNLI ‘CM’, was today).    Then, after lunch,  I had a slow wander up to Chapel Green on a bonnie afternoon, where I chatted with various walkers, then home by way of the beach.    Yes I am a contented bunny .... and a tired one.    I might have a ‘lie in’ tomorrow morning:  the weather forecast is not good .... wet on a northeast wind, and cold too!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....