Mmmmmm ... it's wet


22nd August 2018(Wednesday) ... 08.00     We have a grey and wet start to
Elie harbour - 1982.
the day, but it should brighten up by mid morning;  it’s a nice morning for having a haircut.... and doing a spot of shopping.     The beach? .....  I’ll go to the beach  until after lunch, by which time it should be sunny and warm.    


12.00     Haircut and shopping done.... and the rain has cleared away leaving us with ‘sunny spells and humid’...a nice afternoon ahead.    My intention is to have a go with the new loppers (£15), once the ivy has dried up a bit.    I had to contend with two set of road work this morning;   the first immediately to the East of Upper Largo,(the pavement is being renewed), and the other at the Sainsbury’s/B ‘n Q roundabout in Leven (new MacDonald’s).    I didn’t lose too much time, but didn’t get back to Elie until after 11.15 so missed my ‘morning coffee’ at Harbour House.    It’s now lunch time.

The beacon - 1986.
20.30      My word .... the loppers are perfect for sorting out the ‘ivy clump’;  in fact it is going to be an easier job than I thought it would be.    The worst part of the job will be getting rid of the ivy that I’ve cut off the ‘clump’.    I enjoyed playing with the loppers;  whether the ivy will survive this serious cutting back, remains to be seen, but, when I’m finished cutting it back (which will be tomorrow) it will be a more manageable size of bush... and won’t be invading the Rowan tree.   I think it will survive;  it’s hardy stuff is ivy.

I haven’t been on the beach at all today;   and we have had a nice enough afternoon;   and it is now a gorgeous evening.   I might go for a daunder before bedtime;   however, I’m usually involved with the computer by then.  
 
Although I haven’t been anywhere;  by that I mean out on the bike or walking the beach .... I have had a pleasurable and satisfying day.   I got everything I wanted in Leven, plus a coffee while waiting for a charity shop to open.  
The weather forecast is ‘good’ for tomorrow, though we could have some light showers in the morning, followed by a bonnie afternoon.    Not much different from today’s weather.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....