Scotch mist .... bad hair day


7th August 2018 (Tuesday) .... 07.00   It’s the perfect kind of morning for
Ivy Cottage Honeysuckle.
shopping;   because we have an overcast sky with light rain/Scotch Mist.    Not a morning for bumbling along the beach!    The rain is forecast to stop mid morning, with the sky remaining mostly overcast, with perhaps a bright spell, or two, later in the afternoon.  

12.00     Ahhhh .... that was good!    I’m just in from morning coffee in Harbour House.   We had a new ‘troop’ this morning;  Geoffs' son’s mother in law, all the way from Calgary, Alberta.    This is her first time in Bonnie Scotland... and she is enjoying the experience, in spite of us speaking ‘funny’, and the weather being a bit ‘iffy’ today;   bright spells, interspaced with spells of heavy Scotch Mist.   
It was bright and sunny when I was in Leven, shopping.     I now have enough paint to do the Shed and the Hutte;   when the weather settles down again.... and I also had a good shopping session in Sainsbury’s, and won’t need to go back there for a couple of weeks.

Ivy Cottage Rowan berries.
If the weather continues as it is just now I’ll be doing a few Soduko’s this afternoon .... and admiring the bit of painting I did do the other day.    The ‘plan’ is to go down to “Nana’s seat” later.... when the short sunny spells amalgamate into one long one.


22.00     I never did get down to the beach;   I ended up pottering around the garden.     The weather was never settled enough to begin painting, but tomorrow afternoon looks promising.     The forecast for Thursday also looks good.   
Jim came down for our Tuesday evening cuppa and chat;   we usually talk about ‘things local’, but this evening we went into reminiscing mode and talked about our National Service days.    Jim was in the Royal Air Force.
I must get out on the bike tomorrow;   apart from the shopping expedition to Leven, I haven’t had any exercise today.    My tongue get plenty exercise right enough;  the older I get the mair I talk.    This is not good.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....