Hmmmmmmm ....


13th August 2018 (Monday) .... 08.30    We’ve got another grey, wet and
Berwick Law.
miserable morning.... in fact it looks like the sun will never be seen again:    and I woke up with a migraine.    Pills will sort out the migraine, unfortunately, we don’t have a pill to counteract ‘dreich’.    Having said all that;  we could get a few short sunny spells in the evening.... and ....  we don’t have to water the garden.    Apart from the migraine I’m feeling rather playful;  which is more or less the same as, “we’re only 500 feet away from a  sunny day”.    Orf to have breakfast;  then I’ll think about going to have a look at the beach!


17.00    At least I’ve been further than ‘Ivy Cottage’ gate today;   having been as far as Elie, in the car, for a paper and morning coffee.   The rain relented for a while in the afternoon, but it has not been a day for the beach.    As is usual on a wet day, I have been on the computer;  ‘playing with photographs’ ... and reading the ‘news’. 
The Bass Rock... and Dunbar Cement works.
Actually, 
I might go to the beach in a wee while;  the western sky is beginning to brighten up, suggesting that we could get a, probably short, ‘sunny spell’.



20.00    The sun did breakthrough, but it was short lived, and, by the time I got to the front gate it was raining again;  so I never got to the beach.   Two whole days that I haven’t brought sand into Ivy on my shoes;  wonders will never cease.   I’m going to be up and out early tomorrow morning .... it’s forecast to be overcast but dry.    Having said that the weather forecast for the next couple of days isn’t exactly exciting;   but I am hoping to get the bike out and go round the villages.

I’ve been looking out photographs to use in a PowerPoint Presentation:  the problem
Earlsferry with Kincraig cliffs beyond.
being that I have so many (photographs) to choose from.    It’s enjoyable looking back over the photographs I’ve taken with a digital camera;  and interesting to see the changes that have taken place over the past 15 years:  but, I tend to get diverted and forget that I’m really ‘on a mission’.... not just browsing through old photographs.    Anyway I think I have found enough to build the Presentation, so I’ll start on that tonight.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....