Bright and breezy ....


24th August 2018 (Friday) .... 08.30    Nice morning, washing machine
The Ferry beach this morning.
‘on’.... and .... I’m feeling ‘bright eyed and bushy tailed’.      It’s a braw drying day, but....  showers are forecast for later.    The washing will be dry long before ‘later’.     Must ‘go’ .... got some frolicking to do.


14.00     There are some heavy showers around but we have missed them ... so far.    The washing I hung out this morning is dry.... a will be ironed this evening when I’m watching something on the tele.    I had morning coffee in Harbour House, with Myra, Jim and Geoff, bought, and posted, a birthday card for Janice.... then had ‘50’ in the Hutte.    I’m about to have a cuppa then I’ll cut the last of the ivy.    Getting rid of it (the ivy) isn’t going to be hard.... a load of it went out in the ‘broon’ bucket this morning, and another load is
...er ... dog tired dog?
already in the ‘broon’ bucket, so I should have only one load to take  to Pittenweem in the car next week.   



20.00     The ivy has been lopped but is now hanging on the old bird table that I forgot was there.    A heavy shower o’ rain came over as I was finishing the lopping.     I’ll sort out the mess of ivy tomorrow.... break up the old bird table,  and buy a new one before winter.     We’ve had a few heavy showers this afternoon ... but no thunder, although the clouds looked dark enough to be thunder clouds.     There were thunder storms further south, in the north of England and out in the North Sea.    They are moving south.    The heavy showers are going to peter out tonight and we’re going to be luxuriating in the lusciousness of much sunshine tomorrow:  but not on Sunday.    Oh ... I nearly forgot;   my washing was dry and ‘in’ long before the first heavy shower.

Apart from sorting out the ivy and the rotten bird table, I don’t have a major ‘plan’ for
.... from Nana's seat.
tomorrow.     The weather forecast is good for tomorrow, with early sunshine.... but not overly warm in a brisk northwest wind.   It isn’t ‘iggzactly’ warm tonight.   In fact I may have to switch the central heating ‘on’.... and have a hot mug o’ Horlicks, before bedtime.    I’m looking for an Indian Summer six months long ..... not an early winter... in fact no winter at all.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....