Wall to wall blue sky ....


9th August 2018 (Thursday) .... 08.30    We have a lovely morning, sunny with very few clouds about, but it is cool.   That said it should become warmer as the
Hoverfly;  on a large daisy... or a small sunflower!
sun gets higher in the sky.... it is also forecast to get cloudier.    It looks like being a ‘painting/potter in the garden’ day;   with time out to go for the paper.
Heather, Anna and Stuart are up from Durham for a break.    Anna, originally from Bulgaria, is a student at Bath University;   where she met Stuart, who is also at Bath University.    Anna likes my coffee;  in fact everybody likes my coffee except ‘me’.    Oh .... and Jim!  
 

20.00    They (the weather forecasters) keep saying it is going to be cool.     It may be cool in the early part of the morning, but it was hot in Ivy garden by lunch time;  the temperature was at 24c until about 15.30:  too hot for this delicate boy.    Having said that, some places in Europe, and the USA are being devastated by ‘wild fires’;   so 24c in Ivy garden is really nothing to complain about.    Barbara, a FB friend, who lives in California, had a message on her cell phone telling the residents of Laguna Beach that
Shell Bay woods.
they had to evacuate .   Luckily it was a mistake;  but really shocking, and frightening for Barbara who has already lost two previous homes to ‘wild fires’.   Yes we are lucky with our cosy 24c.   It wouldn’t be 24c on the beach.

First thing after lunch I went up to Shell Bay woods with Jim to give ‘SD’ his afternoon walk;   it was hot there too, because we were sheltered from the cooling breeze.      It was an enjoyable walk, and popular with dog walkers.   ‘SD’, like me found the heat too much and kept lying down for a rest, so we shortened the walk.  
 
The intention was to do some painting when I got back to Ivy, but I never even opened the tin of paint:   every time I looked at it a weakness came over me.    Actually by the time I got round to doing the painting it was too hot.    I think the forecast is not bad
Nearly did some painting today.
for tomorrow, but there could be a few showers in the afternoon.   I might get up early and get some paining done first thing .... before the unsettled weather comes in.   I have to stop painting, at least three hours before any rain arrives, so that any painting I do is dry.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....