I'm bright .... the weather isn't.


10th August 2018 (Friday) ....  08.00    Hmmmm .... the sky is a bit greyer
Heavy showers around.
than I expected;  it actually looks like we could get light rain.    The weather forecast does mention the chance of light rain around midday, but I thought it, the weather, would be like me ..... brighter first thing.    Apart from being cloudy it’s a nice enough morning;   cool with hardly any wind, but ‘iffy’ for painting the shed.   



20.30     It has turned out a lovely evening;    there are showers around.   In fact there is a thunderstorm in the North Sea off Crail, and I noticed a heavy shower on the south side, about Gullane, when I was down on the dunes a wee while ago.
I did manage to get some painting done today, but kept an eye on the weather, and noticed dark, and threatening looking, clouds gathering towards the West.    I stopped in time for the paint to dry before a couple of heavy showers passed over.   By the time they arrived the paint had dried.   

Heavy showers on the 'sooth side'.
When it was raining I made ‘mince and tautties’ for my dinner.... with enough left over for a Cottage pie.    I did think of making a batch of scones, but decided that I’d only eat them.   So, much as I like freshly made scones, I didn’t make a batch of scones.... that way I couldn’t eat them.    When I think about it I could have made the scones .... and put them in the freezer for later.;  when I feel thinner.   After an early dinner I went out and did bit more painting,.....  before going down to the beach.

Although there are heavy showers around this evening, they are dying out, and tomorrow is forecast to be more or less the same as today, with fewer showers.   It might be a decent day for working on the shed.    The new paint is thicker, and is easy to work with.    According to the blurb on the tin it (the paint) should do its job for 5 years.   The last time I painted the shed, and The Hutte, was in 2014.... with the same
Elie beach.... late evening.
brand of paint, and it has lasted ‘nae bad’... though dry won the sides that get the most sunlight.

Jings .... I’m actually tired tonight;   and I haven’t done that much ‘work’.    I’m thinkin’ an early night in bed with my book is called for.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....