Warm and humid ....


3rd August 2018 (Friday) .... 09.00    It going to be warm .... it is already
Early morning dip.
warm today, not a pleasant kind of warm.... sort of humid and strength sapping.    That said it was enjoyable on the beach,  there’s very little breeze, and everything is still, slow and peaceful:  except the wasps .... I noticed a lot of them about the beach this morning;  they were annoying.    There is a layer of thin cloud filtering some of the direct heat out of the sun;  but also causing the humidity.    Nice morning though.



19.00     Joyful me .... I’ve been a busy boy.   With the sun burning off the clouds, and it being warm, I decided to wash the floors.    This is a job I once rattled through in ‘nae time’ ... now it takes a little longer than ‘nae time’.     However I got that done, then wandered up to attend to ‘SD’:  I’d to  take him out for a comfort break, and give him his ‘lunch’.      I got it right this time.    The last time I did this I didn’t give him his
Cruise ship 'Prinsendam' making for Rosyth.
actual lunch.... only two handfuls of ‘dawg’ biscuits!    Today he got his proper grub .... and two handfuls of ‘dawg’ biscuits’.    He was a happy dawg when I left him.
I came home by way of the beach;    in fact I didn’t, .... I came home by way of the path along the dunes.    The tide was way out and folk were dotted all over, and along the beach, and down among the rocks.    At this time it was very hot, and loads of people were messing about in the water.    It felt quite thundery... and ‘close’.... too hot for me.    There was a thunder storm to the south of the Lammermuirs, which is now in the process of petering out off Aberdeen.   The air is fresher now, and it is a lovely evening:  I feel so excitable that I may go down to the beach later.   Of course I could do some work in the garden;  there’s always loads to do
Elie harbour from the dunes.
there.   The garden has become a bit of a struggle ; but I poodle along doing wee bits now and again.   When I have my knee replaced... mmmm .... IF I get my knee replaced, I’ll hit the garden at speed.

‘Nae action plan’ for tomorrow;  though I will go for a paper, and morning coffee in Harbour House.    The weather forecast is ‘good’ for .... not as hot as it was today.    That will suit me fine.   I think I’ll get ‘up and out’, on the bike, early.    

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....