Painting day ....


30th August 2018 (Thursday) .... 08.30     It’s a good day for painting the shed .... we have a blue sky with a light westerly breeze;  a perfect drying day.  
The shed.
 Painting will be like having a ‘rest’ day, spells of painting (short) mixed with Soduko’s and tea breaks (long) in the Hutte.    Of course I will take ‘time out’ for the paper/Harbour House coffee break.... and the ‘Drop in Cafe’ in the afternoon.   Yes this has the makings of a serene kind of day.


14.00     I’ve done well with the shed painting, and the tea drinking;    Soduko’s?... slow.   It has clouded over so I’ve stopped painting;  what I have already done is dry, so even if we do get a shower it won’t be washed off .    Luckily the clouding over has coincided with me going to the ‘Drop in Cafe’, and the shower clouds are to pass over in a couple of hours;  I should get some more painting done when I get back from the ‘Cafe’.  
 

20.00    The ‘Cafe was quiet at first, but filled up by 15.00:   it was good catching up with everyone.... and eating Irene’s pancakes.    ‘Nothing’ has been happening, all over the place it seems.    Unfortunately we didn’t have anyone from Kinneuchar to give us
... tight squeeze.
an update on the hinterland;   it, Kinneuchar, might have been  a hive of activity.
I have been active today;  in between rests.    Any showers seemed to be over in the Edinburgh direction, so I got another coat of paint on the shed.    The shed must have moved, either that or the wall has gotten closer to the shed;  the space between the two has shrunk since I last painted  it ...the shed.    I managed to get it done, ..... but I am mystified as the how a shed, or wall could move.  
Tomorrow looks like being another good painting day so I’ll give the shed its final coat. 

When I was coming home from the ‘Cafe’ I noticed a bluebottle ‘stood staunin’  on the car windscreen (on the outside of the windscreen).   I was going out towards Ardross and accelerated ‘sooper buggy’ up to 50 mph:   bluebottles have a good set of ‘sookers’ on their feet.... it didn’t blow off.... it flew off when I slowed down to 10 mph, to turn  onto the Balbuthie road.   Hardy thing are bluebottles;  they’ve got heids like concrete, and sooper sookers on their feet:  okay... they are a bit erratic when flying; 
The apples are beginning to look interesting!
they don’t do straight lines.... but interesting and colourful they certainly are.
My ‘plan’ for tomorrow is to do the shed again.... once the sun gets going.    I may go to Leven to do a small shopping first thing.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....