Autumnal air ....


8th August 2018 (Wednesday)  .... It’s chilly on the beach.... in fact it’ chilly
Chilly air .... but nice.
everywhere;   even in ‘Sunny Sussex’.     Having said that... it is a bonnie morning, and the forecast is ‘good’ for the whole day.    The forecast for tomorrow is even better.... long sunny spells, but remaining cool.
  A good forecast for painting.    In the afternoon that is;   got things to do ...  morning coffee and papers  in the morning.



20.30     Wednesday is ending with a beautiful evening .... after a mixed up sort of afternoon;  which included a shower of rain.    Luckily I had kept an eye on the weather, so was able to stop painting before the rain could do any damage;   not long after I’d started , so I didn’t get very much done.    However everything is set up for tomorrow.... and the forecast is slightly better, though like today, we might get a shower in the afternoon.

Balcarres Woodland Walk.
I went up to Balcarres Estate after Harbour House;  just to see what was happening up there.    The ‘Woodland Walk’ is looking good just now, but it was too breezy to take photographs of the flowers.    I enjoyed a walk round the path, then went back home via Colinsburgh.     That reminds me;  I see, from an article in the east Fife Mail, that ‘plans’ are afoot to use the former Colinsburgh Church as a music studio.     The company involved has studios elsewhere, so know what they are about, and what they want.    It’s sad to see churches becoming redundant, but it’s the way things are going with the Church of Scotland.    In fact I was reading only a week ago that some people reckon the C of S will be ‘gone’ in 30 years;  unless the ‘Powers that be’ come up with some fantastic ‘plan’ to get ‘bums on seats’.    I wonder if it will be traditional Scottish Music?     The Colinsburgh Kirk Music Studio i.e.

Although I didn’t get much of the shed painted, I did wash out the buckets, and the old
Ivy Cottage Hydrangea.
paint.    So something was achieved.     When the rain came on, and the painting abandoned,  I watched the European 10m diving competition.    I liked diving when I was young... was never very good at it, but enjoyed plunging into the water off the rocks at Kincraig. 
 
With the paint being organised, and the weather forecast being ‘good’ for tomorrow morning;  I should get some painting done before I go for the paper.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....