Thundery showers .....

12th August 2024 (Monday)     09.00.... The ground was dry when I first looked out at 07.00, but

we have heavy rain  now.   There are active thunder storms around Edinburgh and the West of Fife, but it looks like we might be lucky and miss  the actual thunder.    The thundery weather should move away soon to give us a sunny afternoon.   The nearest lightning strike (to us) was at Kinghorn.

The Architect is coming to 'sort out' the reinstatement of the garden;  I must admit I will be glad to see the job done.  There's nothing to 'sort out';  all I want now is to see it (the garden) reinstated as was promised at the beginning of the work.   It has been a long two years;   actually it was enjoyable watching (and photographing) all the work going on.... and workmen were (in most cases) friendly.   The scaffolders were a bit 'distant', but they got on with the job.  It's breakfast time.

21.30    The Architect didn't turn up but I found an  e-mail that suggested she would contact Kenny Garland and arrange something.    Meanwhile I took a few more photographs of the garden.   It's all a bit depressing and I'll be glad when the job is finally 'done and dusted'.   If the Architect can get that done I'll be one happy boy!

If what I think I saw on the 'News' is correct, the bin men have been advised by their Union to accept a new offer... and won't be going on strike.    That's good news for everybody.    Edinburgh was in a terrible state the last time there was a binmen strike.... at Festival time!


The heavy rain moved away before lunchtime and we had a lovely, albeit humid, afternoon.   I intended going up to the golf course, but ended up looking at the old photographs I took while the work was going on;  just to remind me of what it was like at the time.

I see that we have a bit of 'red sky' at sunset tonight;  so we should have a bonnie day tomorrow.   It will be another rest day for me:  the good news is that the pills are working (I finish them on Friday).


I finished the Donna Leon book last night so I'll need to find something to read now.   Something calming is what I need!   Slight 'flap on' now;  got a book to find!   


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....