Bright and breezy .....

22nd August 2024 (Thursday)     08.30 .... we have a bright and breezy morning... and throughout

the day, and, although windy, it doesn't feel that cold.   That said, I wisnae on the golf course, nor the beach!    Actually, I'm feeling a bit like the weather this morning, and looking forward  to having  lunch in the 19th with 'The Team'.... Kirsty, Myra, George and Alber'.

10.30   The boys are busy in the garden;  tidying up, moving the sheds and finishing off.   It should all be done and dusted by the weekend.    Me?..... I have been watching the 'News'.   Sadly, recovering bodies from the yacht disaster off Sicily is the main News.   My thoughts and prayers are with the families involved in that horrific disaster.

20.00    Well this has been a busy day (by my present standards).   The builders have finished reinstating the garden and it looks really good.    It has been a long time right enough, and I must thank my neighbours Chris and Julie (Ferry Lodge), and sons Michael and Iain, who pushed to have the garden finished.   I must also thank Gerry and the Rural Developments team. who found time in their busy calendar, to come and do the job;  and sparing no effort to do it properly.   The Architect is coming tomorrow to check it over (snagging I suppose) to see if there's anything that might need done.   I am that excited that I  certainly wouldn't notice anything.


There's a yellow warning for heavy rain overnight.... and Fife is included.   Sometimes we get lucky and miss it so let's hope that that is what happens.   This has not been a normal summer.   What is a normal summer?.... this might actually be the 'new' normal summer.    Wetter than we used to have.... as are the winters.

21.00    As usual, we enjoyed lunch at the 19th with lovely company... and excellent food.  We had two extra ladies join us today.... Marie (Chemist) and her Mum.   The 19th was quiet but a group of walkers arrived (just in time for last orders) so there was a mini rush at the end.
I'll have to stay in tomorrow until the Architect comes to see me;  that said I'm feeling 'under the weather' just now so staying in will be easy enough.  It's probably the weather that's making me feel UTW!   The heavy rain is forecast to arrive about 21.00 and be with us until 09.00 tomorrow.
I just remembered that I took some photos on the way up to the 19th.... I'd better have a look to see what I took a photograph of!

I'd better start looking for some seats for the new patio;  in fact I'll have a wee browse just now.... and I

might as well look at tables too.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....