Lovely Autumn morning ....

20th August 2024 (Tuesday)     08.00 .... The rain has moved away and there's a braw, Autumnal,

feel to the air this bright and breezy morning.   Showers are mentioned in our weather forecast.... (nothing new there) ....but it's going to be mostly sunny but cool in the brisk SW breeze.   After the long day we had yesterday I'm going to have a quiet day.   I must remember to hand in my prescription this morning.... and I might do some light 'ousework;  but mostly this is going to be a rest day.  

14.30    As my 'rest days' go this has been a cracker!    As planned I went to Elie and handed in my prescription.... (forgot the paper).... visited the 'arbour, then came home by way of Kinneuchar.   I then sorted out the photographs I'd taken....and fell asleep in front of the computer.   The 'Master Plan' for today was going to be baking scones having bought the ingredients yesterday.   That 'plan' has been put off until tomorrow.    Obviously yesterday activities, although I didn't do anything, took more out of me than I thought.   However I am feeling a bit mair active now.


While I have been 'resting', Gerry and the Team have not;  they are making amazing progress with reinstating the garden.... and  making a really lovely job of it;  as I expected they would.  It's a lovely day for getting the main part of the garden  done.   This work is being done and paid for by Rural Developments (Gerry), in return for being able to use the garden, more or less as a work site, while working on Ferry Lodge.  I'll take photographs when it's all done and dusted.  In the meantime I'm going to have an 'early afternoon coffee'.   


20.30    We had a couple of showers later in the afternoon.... but, luckily, they were only short lived things.   It's the drop in temperature that is more noticeable tonight;  definitely Autumnal!    It will a more comfortable  temperature for sleeping that's for sure.

I did say that this was going to be a 'lazy' day;  and it has been.   I chatted to the builders who have been working really hard all day.   Meanwhile I have had one of the laziest days ever:  I assume it was taking in everything I was being told  yesterday;  it certainly wasn't muscular effort!   
The Paddock's housing development, Colinsburgh.


Tomorrow is going to start sunny but there's a chance of light rain showers moving in by early afternoon.   We've certainly had our fair share of rain this summer!    I'm thinking tomorrow could be the day to make scones.   On Thursday 'The Team' , Kirsty, Myra, George and Alber', are going to the 19th for lunch.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....