Overcast and cool .....

4th August 2024 (Sunday)   12.00 .... I'd great plans to read my book outside, but it's overcast and


cool at the moment;   I'm hoping the sun breaks through fairly soon and I can put 'the plan' into operation.   The sky is promising looking just now.

Michael and Janice are out,  walking the Coastal Path to Lower Largo this morning;  they'll have lunch at the Railway Inn then wander back.   I'll put the kettle on and have another cuppa;  by the time I had that the sky might be brighter.

16.30    Thankfully the Olympics are on, without them to watch this would have been a long, probably boring, day.   Michael had set up the sun parasol on the table and I sat out there, having  cuppas, waiting patiently for the sun to break through.   It eventually did but not for long so I abandoned today's plan.... put the parasol and chairs in the shed, and lay down on top of my bed and fell asleep for an hour and half.   Funnily enough I felt better after that.   I'm not 'iggzactly' loupin aboot,, but I'm vertical .... with signs of movement!    I'll have another cuppa.


20.00   Janice and Michael enjoyed their walk to Lower Largo.... and arrived home before the rain.   The ain looks like it is settling in for the night so it will most likely be raining in the morning.   It has been a disappointing kind of day.... certainly not the kind of day I had planned for.

Both of today's photographs are from the 'Alberto Archive';  they were  taken on the 4th August 2004!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....