Peaceful morning .....

26th August 2024 (Monday)     08.00 .... We have a quiet start to the Monday Bank Holiday, and it

looks like being a bonnie, mostly sunny, day.   This would be a good biking morning but I shall not yield to temptation.... and I am seriously tempted.   I might get the 'hurdy gurdy' out and have a 'walk' with it, but the main effort today is the double bed bedding.   

15.00    Welllll .... the last big sheet was hung out about an hour ago, but I'll have to keep an eye on the weather;  showers are not far away and I don't want the sheet to get caught.    The first batch of washing is ready to iron (which I'll do this evening) and I'd like the last sheet to be ready to iron by then!   Anyway, I've had a busy morning, but, as usual I am well ready for a kip... alias siesta.

Remember the problem I had with a bird pooing on the hand rail? ....  that problem has been solved.   Gromit (bless his furry lugs) volunteered to go on bird scaring duties!    You can see in the photographs that he is 'on the alert'.... with liquid refreshments to stop him becoming dehydrated!    As you can also see I was allowed to join Gromit for my morrrrrrrrning coffee and oatcakes.   Oh.... the oatcakes are made in Kirkcaldy by a company called 'Your Piece'... and were bought in Aiberdeen by Izzy! .... and tasty oatcakes they are, having been made the old fashioned way.   Well.... maybe not as old fashioned as on a girdle over an open fire like 'Mither' used to make them, but definitely better than the mass produced ones!


I can see a threatening cloud drifting our way but I think this one might miss us;  the sheet won't take long to be dry enough to iron.   After ironing they hang in front of a radiator (only occasionally 'on' just now) until needed.

It's catnap time;  and I can do that knowing that the handrail is now bird proof.   Actually it isn't;  Gromit slightly overdid the precautions re  dehydration, and is now 'sleeping it off'!    


20.45    I managed to wash and iron (perfunctory iron) all the bedding as per plan;  with everything dangling in front of (cold) radiators.  I am pleased about that, because tomorrow is going to be damp:  I'm actually contemplating getting the pencils out and starting my winter drawing projects.   I'm looking for an early and long,  'Indian summer'.

I watched the Edinburgh Tattoo, but my word how it has changed from the days when Maggie and I

Arum (italicum?) seed heads.
used to go.  The last time I was at the Tattoo was in 2002!   It's a now a  watered doon version of the 'Old' Tattoo mixed in with modern dance routines.  It's entertaining and colourful right enough:  but ... I think it must just me growing older! 

Tomorrow could be a good day to bake scones (or have another go at rocks buns) if the weather turns out as forecast.    I have all the ingredients.... and the time!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....