Humid ...

1st August 2024 (Thursday)     08.15.... There's a change in the weather this morning;  with a lot

of cloud just now, and we've had a shower o' rain.   Thunder storms are forecast for most of England (Yellow Warning) including sunny Sussex.    So far Scotland is exempt from the thunder warning.   Funny how the change in weather brings a change in how we feel;  yesterday was a proper summer's day (it had to be; I wasn't wearing a jersey) and I was feeling really good.   It's warm today but  rain isn't far away by the feel of the air;  I don't know how 'you' feel, but I 'm feeling sluggish.  However I enjoyed taking the antibiotic pill this morning.... it was the last one!

14.00   That's the car had it's bits and pieces sorted;  I can relax knowing it has a new timing belt.  Not that I'm a worrier though I have known to have a 'flap on' now and again..   Michael and Janice delivered the car to Mercury Motors this morning then took the bus to Leven and had a  walk about: L  eventually doing a shopping then catching a bus back to Mercury.   Meanwhile I was taking it easy at Ivy, but have done a washing that had been accumulating in the machine.... and is now on the line.
It was 22C (shade) in the garden when I was hanging out the washing.... but it's 'mauchless'.    Not a day for me being out.
Janice and Michael are away for a daunder round the villages;   I am going to have '50'.... 'mauchless' days are good resting days.


18.00     We ended up with another lovely day;  I'm thinkin' we could get to like this kind of weather!    Michael and Janice walked the beach to 'The Ship Inn', had a refreshing drink, then back to Ivy by the beach again, (the tide was out by this time);  which is why I have beach photos today.   Michael took them!   Me?.... I had a couple of hours sleep on top of my bed.

20.00     It's a nice evening but, my word, it's warm and humid;  not a good sleeping night ahead.   I've been bringing in the washing and had to take a couple o' puffs of the bloo inhaler because it's so mauchless. 
Michael and Janice are away up to the 19th for a nightcap:  I imagine the 19th will be busy with food this benign evening.    Someone must have ordered 'fish supper' that's the aroma that was drifting across the garden.
This has been another restful day!.... however I have an early start tomorrow.   Alan (Lanchen Greig driver) is picking me up at 08.00 for a 09.00 appointment at the Victoria.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....