Much dampness ....

27th August 2024 (Tuesday)     08.15 .... I've been thinkin' (that's unusual for a start):  anyway

 Henry and Michael.

I've been thinkin'... of the not so long ago summers, when we had long periods of sunshine and hosepipe bans.   How quickly things have changed.   Never mind at least the pollen count is low!    

This morning we have grey sky with light rain and....  and....  the chance of a few sunny spells later in the afternoon!    Oh ..... Gromit is not on bird alert this morning;  he's still sleepin' off yesterday's busy(?) day!    Me? ....this is going to be a scone baking day!

16.00   I made a batch o' scones but did them as big rounds then cut them into triangles.... awfie small triangles.   So that goes down as a 'fail'.   They're tasty enough but a not big enough to get an unhealthy amount of jam on them.   The main thing .... I got the mix right.   So .... now that I've got the mix right I'm going to make a batch o' rock buns tomorrow;  they're less o' a guddle to make.   

The weather brightened up for a wee while but it's raining again.   However the rain is going to move away in a wee while and, for  the next few days we should have sunny spells.... and showers.  

21.00    This has been a frustrating kind of day;   I never seemed to get really into gear.   However my scones, though small, taste fine with raspberry jam.... I call that a small success;  on what has been  a mostly dreich kind of day.

I didn't get out with the camera today but Janice sent me some from their week at the New Forest.  Henry is is seven months old now and has changed a lot since I saw him:  he seems to be growing up so fast.   


We can look forward to bonnier weather tomorrow;  'sunny with a moderate breeze'.   I might get up early to go for the paper and have a look at the harbour.   I don't have 'plan' for tomorrow but I might have a go at making Rock Buns, now that' I've got the mix right.   There's no rolling and cutting with Rock Buns;  just dollops of the mix onto the baking tray then into the oven;  the same as New Zealand scones.

I watched the PM giving his speech from the Rose Garden this morning, most of it bad news.   The only good news I could think of was....that we only have another 4 years and 10 months before this government is replaced.   If the Lib Dems get their act together they could be replace them!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....